(Ch. 2) Birds of a feather flock together

"You're back," Stella said, closing her book.

"Why are cute guys visiting Jungkook all the time?" I asked, starting to fold my laundry.

"Birds of a feather flock together." She replied automatically, causing me to turn to look at her with my eyebrows raised.

When she realized what she said, her face turned red and she put down her book.

"What? No, I don't think Jungkook is cute or anything." She defended, only convincing me more that she clearly did. But if she wanted to hide her tiny crush, I wouldn't probe into it.

I laughed and focused my attention on my laundry again. Who wouldn't have a crush on the workout bunny of your dorm? He was always returning late at night in a tank top, his toned arms out and about and his abs visible through the thin material of his clothes. He would run his hands through his black mop of sweaty, but luscious, hair and stride towards his room with such dominance that all the girls would dream of him at night.

"I don't blame you girl. That dude is so hot it makes me feel like I'm in a movie." I chuckled, hanging up some of my dresses.

"I know right." Stella groaned, before covering her mouth with her hand as I turned to give her a smirk. Got her.

"Chill out." I laughed. "It's not like I'm telling him anytime. We are not such close friends."

Yes, I had the bad luck of being friends with the hottie of the entire dorm. Scratch that, the hottie of the entire campus. 

Jeon Jungkook, a first-year who had made himself known within a month of being in this university for being the best at everything. He was a great swimmer, played varsity basketball, sang like an angel, and was on the University's dance team as well. As if all that was not enough, he was a straight-A student too, though nobody knew that he only managed to score so well because he was always asking his friends for help. 

Unfortunately, I happened to be one such friend who could never refuse his doe eyes and bunny teeth. I was always lending him notes and if I ever refused, he became so persistent that I had to give them to him just to get him off my back.

But Jungkook was as sweet as he was annoying. He'd always be just a phone call away, coming over anytime I had any problem. I couldn't count how many times he'd picked me up after a hard-core party, driving me back to the dorm since I couldn't ride cabs. He'd always complain but show up within minutes, scaring off the men clinging to me and safely escorting me to my room. 

He was also very liberal with food. His mom was an amazing cook who only lived an hour away and every weekend he'd drive home to visit her, grabbing as much food as he could and then come back to share it with his friends. Being in the same dorm as him, I always got first dibs on everything. It was worth it for me to lend him some notes every week.

Recently though I'd been a little too busy, hardly getting any time to see him. I hadn't gone to any parties for weeks and my laundry was being done today after what felt like ages. I had literally worn every last piece of clothing in my wardrobe before finally washing it up. Hence the big bag full of clothes that had almost made me trip when I saw Jungkook's ethereal-looking friend.

"Are you heading out again tonight?" Stella asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. I was propelled into folding my clothes again as I answered her.

"No. I actually got tonight off."

"Woah. I haven't seen you get time off for weeks. What are you gonna do tonight? Wanna go to a party with me?"

I shook my head. "Honestly, I'm just gonna catch up on sleep. I've been living like a zombie past three days rushing to complete my assignments while managing work. I need like 12 hours of sleep tonight."

"What a sexy plan for a Friday night," Stella said sarcastically, smiling at me.

"I feel hella sexy when I sleep girl, don't you?" I replied, making her chuckle.

There was a knock on the door which made us both sigh. We were both exhausted with a long day of classes and didn't wanna socialize just yet.

"Rock paper scissors for who opens the door?" Stella suggested.

"You're on," I smirked. We played a round and I lost, making her smirk. I stuck my tongue out at her as I made my way to the door. Another knock sounded while I opened the latch.

"Wait up!" I said, twisting open the lock and swinging the door open.

"Y/N you little minx. Where the hell have you been?