The Third Task

The next day:

Y/N POV:

I turned a corner when I saw Ron, Hermione, and Harry- all looking more exhausted than ever- walking out of History of Magic. Hermione nudged them forward and towards the DADA classroom. 

"Professor Moody?" 

Harry called out to Moody as they went farther down the hallway, conveniently going to the same person I was going to. I adjusted my swords, dagger, wand, and handgun before following them. Moody ushered them into his classroom and went to close the door when I stuck my foot out and caught the door with my foot. 

Moody flipped around and lifted his wand, by instinct I caught the wand and shoved myself into the classroom. 

"Didn't see you there." 

I tilted my head to the side and looked straight into Moody's magical eye. 

"My mistake, I should've called out." 

Moody gave a grunt and quick nod before scrambling away and taking a large gulp from the flask he hid under his cloak. His magical eye rolled around before fixating itself upon the four of us. Harry cleared his throat drawing our attention.

"Did you find him?"

"No."

Moody grumbled as he took a seat at his desk.

"Did you use the map?"

"Map?" I questioned. 

"My map from last year- I've lent it to Professor Moody."

"You have?"

"Erm- I figured he could use it more than me. But the map didn't work, professor?"

Harry quickly steered away from my gaze and turned back to Moody.

"Took a leaf out of your book Potter. Summoned it from my office into the forest, He wasn't anywhere on there."

Ron took a step closer to Harry. 

"So he did disapparate?"

"You can't disapparate on the grounds, Ron!" Hermione scolded Ron from her place atop a desk. "There are other ways he could have disappeared, arent there, Professor?"

Moody smirked at Hermione.

"You're another one who might think about a career as an Auror, Mind works the right way, Granger."

Hermione flushed with pleasure. Harry took this moment to step in,

"Well he wasn't invisible, the map shows invisible people. He must've left the grounds then."

I furrowed my brows and spoke without thinking, 

"By his own will. or because someone made him?"

Ron eagerly but into my comment. 

"Yeah, someone could've pulled him onto a broom and flown off with him, couldn't they?"

"We can't rule out kidnap."Moody stared out through the window to the forest. 

"So, d'you reckon he's somewhere in Hogsmeade?" Ron questioned

"Could be anywhere. The only thing we know for sure is that he's not here. Now, Dumbledores told me you three fancy yourselves as investigators but there's nothing you can do for Crouch. The Ministry'll be looking for him now. Dumbledores' notified them. Potter, you keep your mind on the third task. And you Y/n, I know Dumbledores' got....special plans for you- but you must focus on the task as well."