Have you given up? (Sakayanagi Arisu)

Start from the beginning

Well this is unexpected but I can't say this is not fun.

"I don't see any problem in you listening to our conversation Horikita-san." I said as I looked at Ayanokouji-kun.

"Is it really okay?" This time Ayanokouji-kun is the one to raise the question.

"Don't worry Ayanokouji-kun. I don't intend to spill any of our secrets. I just want to talk about some other things."

I can't help but to grin after saying this.

Timeskip

"You can sit here with us or you can sit with Masumi-san at that other table if you're feeling guilty about intruding on our conversation." I said to Horikita-san as we reached the cafe.

But Horikita-san payed no attention to my words and quietly sat at the table Ayanokouji-kun and I decided to sit while Masumi-san sat at a different table.

Well then it's time to get back to the topic. There's no use in wasting my time here.

"Well then Ayanokouji-kun, shall we begin?"

Ayanokouji-kun just nodded.

"Have you given up already, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Horikita-san narrowed her eyes a little. Seems like she got interested in what I just said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He replied in his monotone voice.

Of course he knows what I'm talking about. He knew that I'm talking about his fight with Tsukishiro who wants to expel him.

"Is that so?" I replied.

"Hmm. Well, what makes you think so? Why do you think I've given up Sakayanagi?"

"Of course. I wouldn't just assume things on my own. But I do have some reason to think like that."

I paused for a moment. Then I continued.

"It seems you and karuizawa-san are really close. That's what made me think like this."

Even though they haven't made their relationship public, I'm certain that they're dating. I don't know whether Horikita-san knows about this or not but Ayanokouji-kun should understand that I've found out about their relationship.

"What's that got to do with giving up? I don't see how they're related at all."

It's true. That these both matters doesn't look like they're related at all. But that's how normal people see it.

I don't see it that way. I, who knows about Ayanokouji-kun more than anyone else in this school certainly don't see it that way.

I know why he came to this school. No. I know why he went against his father's wishes and escaped White room.

"You came here to learn, is it not? Ayanokouji-kun?"

Normally people who knows about Ayanokouji-kun's true abilities might think there's nothing more that he can learn. After all he's the masterpiece of the White room and he has achieved what any normal human cannot achieve. It's not their mistake to think that he learned everything and there's nothing more that he could learn. But they couldn't be more wrong.

"That's true. But, still, I don't see where you're going with this, Sakayanagi."

"For some reason, it seems to me that you're trying to rush your learning. And the timing of this only makes me think that you're rushing this because you're feeling like you don't have much time left to learn."

I figured out that he came to this school to learn about how normal people act and learn about human emotions and feelings. I'm sure he wanted to experience that ordinary teenage life while he still have the chance.