thirty two: the three questions

My eyes adjusted quickly, as Thomas threw Minho's lifeless body to the floor, before falling to his knees and violently shaking the boy to wake him up. "Minho?" Was all that was said for a few second intervals as everyone stood around the boy, nervously trying to get him to open his eyes.

After what felt like thirty minutes, but in reality, was probably only thirty seconds, the boy grunted and very carefully opened his eyes, earning a loud sigh of relief from the others. "What the hell happened?" He seemed dazed and confused, as I'm sure the lightning must have knocked the wind out of him. "I think you got struck by lightning." Thomas said, nervously laughing as he did so, before offering his hand out for the boy to take. "Come on, let's get you up." He was pulled to his feet as out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Teresa taking a few steps forward into the rest of the room.

"Hey, what's that smell?" Fair question, as the odour was putrid in here. She fumbled about with her torch, but eventually found the button and turned it on.

Immediately as she did so, she was met with a nightmare. As the bright light shot into its face, a thing that I knew for definite we had faced earlier, lunged forward in an effort to grab the girl, but luckily missed by mere inches. She screamed, attracting the others to notice what was going on as they ran forwards, turning their torches on also.

I didn't even get to say anything as I knew it was mistake, but just as they did so, more of the creatures emerged from the shadows to plunge their way into the space we occupied, desperately trying to reach us with their claw like talons.

One of them charged for me as I ducked out of the way, before huddling closer the group once again. Everyone was panicked as heavy breathing and screeches from the deranged things filled the air, making my ears hurt by the impact of the noise.

As I put my head down to quiet the sound, a new source of light entered the room as I looked up to see a figure standing in doorway. I furrowed my brows at whoever it was, as they stood there silently for a second.

It didn't last long though, as finally they spoke up. "I see you met our guard dogs." It was a girl, and judging by her height and figure, she seemed no older than eighteen. She finally approached us, not even trying to move out of the way of the things around her, keeping a smug look on her face before stopping in front of the group.

"You guys look like shit." A smirk grew on her lips as she scanned through the crowd, taking in our appearances as she did so. I didn't doubt her though, we had been out in the Scorch for days, so I had no trouble believing we didn't look our best.

The others just looked among themselves, exchanging confused glances at whoever this was as she just sighed as if she was bored of the situation. "Come on, follow me." She turned back slowly as she started forward, but quickly looked over her shoulder as she realised we weren't following.

"Unless you want to stay here with them." Her smug expression returned as we all sighed and followed closely behind her, making sure our paths didn't cross with the creatures next to us.

We were taken down a hallway, as random people began to emerge from behind us and follow also. The situation was so unnerving, but honestly, I think that was their plan. "Come on, keep up. Jorge wants to meet you." She turned her head to look at us but kept on walking.

It was clear her statement confused the others, as Thomas piped up, "Who's Jorge?" He jogged ever so slightly to catch up with her, but she didn't even glance his way. "You'll see."

It didn't take too long, as we entered into a room upstairs, still being closely tailed by very large men holding machine guns. "Jorge, they're here." A man was sat in front of us, holding an intercom up to his ear as the girl slumped herself down on a leather sofa to the right.

After some annoyed sighs and huffs here and there, the man turned to us and raised his eyebrows. "Do you ever get the feeling the whole world is against you?" He stood quickly, not giving us a chance to respond before speaking again, "Three questions; Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" A small grin landed on his face as he watched the people closest to him.

Not surprisingly that was Thomas and Minho, as they looked between each other confused. After a short silence, Thomas spoke up. "We're headed for the mountains. Looking for the Right Arm."

The man laughed, prompting everyone else around us to join in. "You're looking for ghosts you mean." He perched himself slowly on the edge of the table he was sitting at before, before clasping his hands together in his lap to scan through us.

"Question number two. Where did you-" The man stopped mid-sentence as finally his gaze fell on me. He stood up so quickly I thought he might fall over, as he looked so unbelievably surprised. I furrowed my brows at his actions, did I know this guy?

"You." He pointed at me, singling me out from the crowd as the others all turned to me confused. The entire room was staring at me now, but for whatever reason I didn't feel embarrassed or upset, just puzzled. There must have been about twenty people in total in the room, as all of their eyes on me felt very prominent.

Instead of staying still, Jorge advanced towards me, still pointing at me so angrily I thought he might strangle me right then and there. But instead, he pushed the others out of the way and reached into his pocket, pulling out a knife and swiftly holding it to my throat.

The others winced in shock as Thomas, Newt, Minho and Frypan all leaped forwards towards the man, but were easily stopped by the large guys behind them. "What the hell?!" Thomas screamed as an unbearably tall man held his arms back to restrain him.

I didn't even flinch as I just looked directly at the man, not saying a word and not moving at all. He stared devilishly into my eyes, as a smirk fell over his face again. "What brings you to my humble abode, Y/n? I must say it is a pleasure to see you again." Although he was smirking and grinning at once, his words were laced with anger and quite obvious sarcasm, as he took a step closer, holding the knife even closer to my neck. How the hell does this guy know my name?

It was clear to me that my life before the Glade was definitely eventful, as I seemed to have made quite a few enemies in all the wrong places.

I gulped slightly, trying to show him that I wasn't scared, just extremely confused. "Let her go!" I heard Newt yell over his shoulder, but he didn't even pay him a second thought as he refused to drop eye contact from me.

"You boy's remember this one, don't you?" He looked up from me finally to look around the room at his followers as they all nodded their heads in anger. All of their eyes pierced into me like razor blades; if looks could kill, I would have died instantly. "What's it been, three years?" He looked back down at me again, as he picked up on my confused expression, before turning his head back up to the girl.

"They're Wicked. Take them down to the pit. I'm just going to have a word with Miss Y/n, here." The smirk appeared on his face as the others chuckled around me. Whatever he meant by that, it couldn't be good.

The girl instructed the others to bring the group down to wherever they needed to go, but Thomas seemed to be much more hesitant than I thought he would be. "No! You can't keep her here, whatever you're going to do, it isn't right." I appreciated the boy's willing to help, but there was no way I was getting out of whatever this is. This man was angry, and for some reason it was all directed at me, as it seemed I was the only one who didn't know why.

The man finally moved away from me slightly, as he pointed the knife at Thomas. "One more word, and you join her." My heart sank from his words, as I watched Thomas go paler. His eyes met mine as I nodded slightly, to show to him that I would be okay. It seemed to work, as he swallowed down his anger and let the guard take him away.

I turned my head to look at Newt, who was already looking at me with concern. I plastered a small smile on my face to show him I was alright, but it didn't seem to work as well with him as it did with Thomas. His concerned expression stayed on his face, even after he was pulled away out of the room.

The door slowly shut behind them as the man turned back to me again.

"Guess you should have picked a different place to stay, huh?"