26

"i am so excited for disney world, you have no idea."

"i've been to disneyland once. it was alright."

george pouts. "well dream says disney world is like, a hundred times better. please be excited for once?"

"okay, fine. only because i know how excited you are for harry potter world."

"yes!" he fist pumps the air, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

devyn pretends to wipe it off her face as she gets in the car, george feigning sadness. dream said he'd drive them since george insisted that it should "be a date night" and no, that did not include dream. he was really sad about it for a while. so was sapnap.

"let's go try some overpriced food!" she smiled, clearly faking it.

"thanks for trying, darling."

"mhm."

the couple spent the majority of the day in harry potter world, since george could not be convinced to leave. despite her constant protests and complaining, she sucked it up as soon as she saw how happy her boyfriend was to be there, and decided to savor the moment.

"picture time, george. go take a picture with your wand."

"again?"

"now, please."

"ok, mom."

"ew, you have a mommy kink?"

"devyn that is not what i said."

"that's what it sounded like."

she took a quick polaroid of george standing with his wand in front of one of the abstract buildings, his nose crinkled and a soft smile on his face. it was one of her favorites.

dré
having fun?

dév
yes

dré
you're welcome

dév
thank you

dré
wow

no sass?

dév
nope

just happy

dré
aw

that's gross

dév
have fun eating pizza with nick

loser

dré
there she is

how's george

dév
being cute having the time of his life

dré
can't believe you stole him from me

dév
jealous?

dré
yes

very

i'm stuck at home with stinky sapnap

stinknap

i'm so bored

dév
damn that sucks

ok gtg bye!

dré
you're a cruel woman
read 4:32 pm

as the two wandered throughout harry potter world, they stopped in gift shops from time to time to find some shade and air-conditioning from the blistering orlando heat. they'd only been looking at some disney merch before someone stopped george.

"wait, are you georgenotfound?"

george, startled, looked to devyn for help, who merely shrugged in response.

"um, yeah, i am. hi!"

"we're big fans! can we get a photo?"

the girl was around 15 years old, tugging a shorter boy around who devyn presumed to be her little brother.

"sure!" george stood there awkwardly waiting, posing for a picture.

"here," the girl shoved her phone at devyn, almost causing her to drop what she was holding in her hands, "can you take it? thanks."

devyn frowned, but took the phone nonetheless, obviously bothered by the way the fan had treated her. she knew she was no one to the mcyt community, but she hadn't expected them to act so rudely. snapping a few photos, she handed the phone back.

"i can't believe we're meeting you george! where's dream? i want to see what he looks like."

devyn rolled her eyes.

"oh, uh, he's not here."

"are you here on your own then? because my brother and i would totally love to show you around."

devyn stifled a laugh.

the girl turned quickly, her hair whipping george in the face as he caught a mouthful.

"i'm sorry— what are you laughing at?"

embarrassed that she was caught, dev waved her arms in front of her, trying to play it off.

"nothing! nothing! sorry, i-uh, have a sore throat."

"wait, gogy, are you here with her? who are you anyway?"

that was offensive. devyn kept her mouth shut though, she knew that twitter would rip her to shreds if she even tried to defend herself.

"well? are you going to say anything?"

"i'm just george's friend."

"right, like george would be friends with someone like you."

devyn was taken aback, and she didn't even know what to say for once in her life. she clenched her fists, trying not to cause a scene and have an outburst she would regret later. thank god for george, who grabbed her arm and squeezed it, relaxing her.

"it was nice meeting you, but we're going to go. and being rude to my friends is not how you want to leave a good impression on me. if you aren't going to be nice then maybe you shouldn't watch my videos at all. or anyone in the minecraft community because it is disrespectful and rude."

george left the girl dumbfounded as he wrapped his arm devyn's shoulder and led her out of the store.