Chapter Six

Sorry for any incorrect spelling and punctuation. Enjoy :)

***

I had no clue what to think. As Jaxon fell towards the floor, hand clutched to the seeping red contrasting on the grey material covering his torso my mind was racing.

I felt thrilled, glad we now have the chance to take him out for good, the bronze bullet being enough to paralyze his body so we can finally free ourselves from his command. But the other part, the part consuming more of my brain, felt horrified at the thought of Jaxon dying. My heart clenched and without my consent, my hands shot out forwards and grabbed hold of Jaxon by the shoulders before his body hit the floor with a thud.

His body felt heavy as I tried to hold him upright, a small groan forming from his full lips as they parted slightly. His brown eyes were fluttering open and closed, his white pupils only visable for a small amount of time before they disappeared for a second.

‘Jaxon,’ I gasped, my eyes wide with worry but not shedding a tear of any sort. I was split between wanting to help him and personally being the one to light the fire to make him suffer in the way me and my village had been suffering the past two weeks.

‘Can you hear me? Jaxon wake up, please wake up.’ My mind was saying words my brain didn’t approve of yet my words sent me into an even more flustered state.

‘Jaxon!’ I yelled and my hand started slapping his cheek to wake him up, maybe much too hard for what the situation called for but nobody could blame me.

‘You’re worried about him?’ The guy with the gun spat at me, disgust evident in his tone as his icy eyes stared straight through me, looking at me as if I was one of them.

‘N-no,’ I stuttered feeling the need to defend myself, eyes flickering between Jaxon and the person.

‘Then why the fuck are you crying for the death of a monster?’ He yelled, his legs propelling himself towards me as I cowered behind Jaxon, feeling as if he could protect me even though he can’t. His body was still warm as I used him as a barrier. The thought of hiding behind a dead body sounded vial and revolting unless it was Jaxon’s. What a fucked up thought.

I hadn’t even realized the tears streaming down my cheeks until he pointed them out. Hastily I wiped them away disgusted with myself as I felt the buzz from his bare arm on my skin reminded me on why I felt so upset.

But then his arm moved. It twitched and I jumped backwards, pressing into the wall and looking down at what I thought was Jaxon’s dead body.

Everyone murmured to one another and the gun man visibly gulped. I had wondered why the two men left in the room had yet to constrain Jaxon’s killer, but time answered it for me.

Jaxon isn’t dead.

Once again my mind was split down the middle. The larger half relieved about him being alive, like a dead weight had been lifted off my chest making me want to praise the world and cry from joy. But the other half wising he was gone just to leave us alone to regain peace once again.

One hand moved out slowly, followed by the other and before I knew it his body was standing upright. Jaxon stood tall, looking as strong and as energized as ever.

‘One measly bullet isn’t enough to kill me fool, but it sure is enough to sign your own death.’ Jaxon’s voice was so anger filled I shuddered in fright, pushing myself even further into the wall than I previously had been.

Within an instant, the guy with the gun was lying wide eyed on the floor unmoving, a gaping hole in his chest with a breathless Jaxon standing over him. From his fingers to his wrist, his skin was covered in the bright red of fresh oxygenated blood and being crushed in his hand was the organ every human needed to keep them alive; his heart.