Family Ties (2)

Later that night, jennie was found at her home, drinking along with her friends, lisa and rosé.

"so you're saying she's back?" rosé asked, jennie looked down nodding as she hides her tears.

"after 6 years" lisa said sighing as she drinks the beer.

"i-i saw minjeong" jennie said, looking at them making them froze

"she was so pretty, she's exactly like me" jennie said, as a tear fell in her cheeks. She wiped it off and drank.

"so jisoo also saw lia?" rosé asked, and jennie nodded.

"what exactly happened? Why did you saw each other all of a sudden?" lisa asked, and jennie sighed.

"something happened at their school, minjeong got involved into a small fight for protecting lia" jennie said, making lisa and rosé surprised.

"wow thats a sisterly protection" lisa said, jennie chuckle as she nodded her head.

"wait, so she's staying here now? Permanently?" rosé asked, jennie looks at hee shrugging as she drinks.

"maybe? Minjeong goes to the same school as lia, maybe she is staying" jennie said, making the two nod.

"what are you going to do jen?" rosé asked, and jennie looks at them shaking her head.

"i-i dont know, i finally saw her again, my daughter and my wife--

"ex-wife" lisa said, making jennie glare at her.

Jennie sighs and just drinks, minutes later, she heard little footsteps running.

"mom, mom" she heard, making her turn her head and saw lia. Making her smile.

"yes baby?" jennie asked, looking at her daughter who was looking nervous.

"minjeong invited me to play at her house tomorrow, can i go?" lia asked, making jennie freeze not knowing what to say.

"of course lia you can go, we'll drive you" lisa said, making lia nod running back in her room.

"lisa what was that?" rosé asked looking at her wife.

"jennie obviously doesn't know what to say" lisa said, using her beer ro point at jennie.

Jennie sighs looking at them. "i let her so you can see your daughter again jen, so we could see them" lisa said, rosé sigh agreeing with lisa, they also wanted to see minjeong.

"and maybe, you can talk things with jisoo" lisa added, making jennie look away sighing. She looks at her wedding ring in her finger, before drinking.

--

Next day

Jisoo sat on her bed, going through the photobook she haven't seen in ages. She scan through pages, tears from in her eyes as she looks at the pictures.

Pictures of her and jennie, their wedding, the day lia was born, the day minjeong was born, pictures of the four of them.

She wiped her tears away, closing the book and hid it. She never expected to see jennie again, she was fine and accepted that it was gone. But yesterday, when she saw her and lia, she wanted it back.

Jisoo stood up, fixing herself as she gets ready for the day. It was Saturday, no work and no school for her and minjeong.

She was busy picking clothes, until her daughter came in.