chapter 31 ✦ my curse

Storybrooke

Where is he? Where is my father? I needed to talk to him about Peter and I, our engagement to specific.

"I'm going to find my dad," I whispered in Peter's ear as he talked to the Charming's. He nodded and I got up, heading over to the door. I reached out and grabbed the handle, pulling it open. I was about to open my mouth to talk until I saw something I thought I'd never see. Hook and Emma were kissing. I stepped back and stumbled back on the door. I could see my old father coming back into my mind. Pain pinged through my chest and I gasped. It was strong. I stumbled back some more and back in Granny's. I ran into the diner, leaning against the counter out of breath. Peter got up from the booth and rushed towards me.

"Riley!" He called for me, but I didn't listen. The pain was too immense. Another ping of pain shot up and I grunted, loudly and crashed to the floor. "Somebody call an ambulance!" Peter screamed. My eyes clouded over and I could see a light coming closer to me. "The prophecy is happening," I heard him whisper. "One true heart will make one true break," Pain. I was exhausted. My vision began to blur and my eyes refused to stay open. My hearing was muted and all I could hear was static. Regina loomed over me and shouted something I couldn't make out. Peter responded with panic and that's when I blacked out.

My eyes shot open and I was suddenly aware of my surroundings. I was in a field, back in the Enchanted Forest. I looked down at my hands and a pipe was gripped in them. I had my old cloak on with the hood over my head. My scabbard was around my waist which held my sword. It was nighttime as I wandered from the field to the sleeping village. I put my pipe to my mouth and started to play. I closed my eyes and let the notes flow out of the pipe. I could hear doors and windows open. I peered up, still playing to see some girls coming out of their homes. I turned around and went towards the field. They followed me. I waved my hand and used my magic to enchant some drums, causing them to play as we marched into the field. The girls danced. I continued to play, using some more magic to light a bonfire. I started to hear come shouting coming from the woods and a series of lights appeared. Angry villagers appeared, coming into the field. I stopped playing and reached into my pocket, grabbing some beans. Magic beans. I threw them onto the grass and a portal started to form.

"Jump!" I kindly told them and they obeyed me. I looked back at the village people before jumping in myself, going back home to Neverland.

Peter's Point of View:

Riley's eyes closed and she passed out.

"Somebody help!" I screamed.

"Don't worry, Peter. The ambulance is on it's way," Charming said, calmly, bending down and putting a hand on my shoulder. I brushed it away and leaned down, setting my head on Riley's chest, sobbing into her body. People started to whisper, but I didn't care. All I wanted was my love back.

"What happened?!" Hook came barreling in, pushing through people. I looked up at him, wiping my eyes. His eyes went to his daughter. "Riley," He whispered to himself. "What the hell happened?"

"The prophecy happened," I spoke and his eyes darkened. Emma appeared behind him and her eyes welled up in tears.

"What do you mean?" Hook hissed, growing anger.

"One true heart will make one true break," I recited and he looked down at Riley. "When Riley arrived on the island, I could sense something wrong with her so, I went to a mermaid who was known to know prophecies. She told me that prophecy. That's why I've tried so hard to get her to join me. That's why Tink gave her to me. I wanted to protect her from it," I explained. Paramedics burst through the diner doors and get a stretcher, putting Riley on it.

"Is she going to-" He couldn't finish his sentence.

"I don't know," I whispered. "The mermaid didn't say," I can't protect her now. The prophecy was bound to happen.