Author's Note

Hello Everyone,

I would like to announce that this story will begin sometime in July. I'm shooting for July 16th. As with all the other Dragonwall books, this posts as a serial. What does that mean? It means that I post chapters as I write them. I do not write the full book and then torture you by making you wait. That wouldn't be very nice. No, I simply aim to write one chapter per week, which takes anywhere from 8-12 hours of focused work, crammed into my weekend. 

I try to stay a couple of chapters ahead so that if I ever run into an issue and cannot write, I don't have to postpone an update. But alas, things happen, and I often have to take a pause in the middle of the book to catch my breath. Sometimes these pauses last up to 6 weeks. But most of you are extremely patient, especially those of you who have been on this journey with me since the beginning! And I thank you for that.

FAIR WARNING: This story will have very little Claire + Talon action. The last one really spoiled you guys ;) But unfortunately with Claire away in the forest mastering her sprite magic, it's not very easy to get around the fact that they won't be together for most of the book. Alas, the show must go on. Hopefully that makes their reunion that much sweeter. 

I wrote the Prologue this weekend. The outline is complete. I hope to write about 1 chapter per week each weekend leading up to July. Hopefully that means I have a nice little handful to start pulling from for those weeks where life is just too overwhelming and I can't get anything written.

I know you've all been waiting so patiently! And i'm honored to have you. Honored that you're taking this journey with me.

Note: Verath the Red will be published on Amazon/worldwide in ebook, hardcover, and paperback on September 7th 2021 for those of you wanting a finished/published version. I've been spending upwards of 15 hours every weekend on editing it and preparing it for publication. It's nearly there, y'all! Woot woot!

All my best,

Mel