41. Insecurities and love.

Nandini

"I'll be back in 2 minutes." I murmured as he handed me the plates and wine glasses. He stood up too and cleaned the bed.

I headed downstairs and washed the dishes, keeping them to dry I turned off the lights, checked the door and headed back upstairs. Switching off the lights of the stairs, I entered into the room, my husband laid down on the bed looking into his phone and murmuring something.

"Kya hua?" I asked.

"Dhruv sent me these lyrics, we have to record this song on next Wednesday. Listen to this." He patted the bed and I smiled laying into his arms.

He hummed as he tried to fit in a tune. After trying 3-4 time he started getting frustrated and I took the phone from him. I stood up and pulled his hand, he too sat down on the bed as I sat in front of him. I hummed the starting and he smiled widely. He moved his hands as if remembering the tune for his guitar.

Mann yeh saahib ji
Jaane hai sab ji
Phir bhi banaye bahaane
Naina nawaabi ji
Dekhe hain sab ji
Phir bhi na samjhe ishaare
Mann yeh saahib ji
Haan karta bahaane
Naina nawaabi ji na
Samjhe ishaare

I sang the first para and his eyes twinkled. He kept strumming his hands in the air as I looked into his eyes and whispered the lines. He joined me in the words ishaare and holding my hand, we both got down the bed as he twirled me around making me laugh.

Dheere dheere
Nainon ko dheere dheere
Jiya ko dheere dheere
Bhaayo re saibo
Dheere dheere
Begaana dheere dheere
Apna sa dheere dheere
Laage re saibo

He held my waist and got the hold of the tune and read the lyrics from the phone and then he started moving my body along his. I stood on his feets as he held my waist securing as we danced barefoot, in his favourite place.

Surkhhiyaan hain hawaaon mein
Do dilon ke milne ki
Arziyaan hain nazaaron mein
Lamha yeh tham jaane ki

We sang the lines one by one and he joined our forheads together. I smiled as he moved his knuckles on my back. With my hands locked on to his neck, I smiled whispering the words to him.

Ho kaisi huzoori ji
Yeh lab dikhlaaye
Chuppi laga ke bhi
Ghazab hai yeh dhaaye

I winked at him making him chuckle loudly as I sang the next lines. He twirled me around with his hands on my thighs and my elbows on his shoulder.

Dheere dheere
Nainon ko dheere dheere
Jiya ko dheere dheere
Bhaayo re saibo
Dheere dheere
Begaana dheere dheere
Apna sa dheere dheere
Laage re saibo

He put me down and kept his arms over my shoulder and with his face mere inches away from mine, he sang the next lines.

Saibo saibo dheere dheere
Nainon ko dheere dheere
Jiya ko dheere dheere
Bhaayo re saibo
Dheere dheere
Begaana dheere dheere
Apna sa dheere dheere
Laage re saibo
Saibo saibo haye saibo.

Our voices turning soft with each words as we finished the song together. He twirled me around like a baby as I squealed in surprise.

"Ohhh my god!!! It was the best. I love you Nandini." He shouted loudly as I went to him and kept hands on his mouth.

"Shhhh...Chup." He was thaaatt loud. I smiled looking at his happy face. He kissed my forehead as I wrapped my hands around his chest.

He pulled out his phone and texted done to Dhruv and I smiled at his happiness. He turned the phone off and picked me up in bridal style as I chuckled.