Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A question that makes me crazy:  Would you love someone who completes you or a person who loves you completely? I was really trying hard to come up with a wise answer.

Sometimes we are in situations that are entirely impossible to take. We are indeed in a world full of people as what the song “True Colors” states. But we always make sure that we listen to the voice within.

After what I have heard and learned last night about my sister and Cupid I find it really hard to face Persephone. I feel like I’m stealing something from her which is not right. I know she had stolen a lot from me but stealing her love is just not right. After what happened she just seems so lonely and I couldn’t take that. I tried to talk to her and explain a few things but every time I’d attempt to talk, nothing comes out of my mouth. It’s really impossible to force your heart not to love and to love someone you don’t.  If I do feel something for Cupid and I’d give him up for my sister, I would be unfair to myself. To love someone doesn’t mean you have to force a commitment. Sometimes you just have to be satisfied with whatever connection you have as long as it stays.

“Wow this is the day, rising Supah stah!” Janica shook my shoulders as I arrived in school.

“I know it is.” I said lazily as I took my seat beside her.

“What’s the matter don’t you want to practice at all?” she asked.

I sighed and shrugged. “I’m just an understudy, best. It doesn’t mean I have to act with them.”

She examined my face. “You have big eye bags.” She made a tsk-tsk as she shook her head. “How will Cupid be able to like you with that face?”

My eyes widened. “Why are you thinking so dirty?”

“What?” she defended. “Did I say you went to bed with him?”

I sneered at her. “Now you are thinking way too dirty.”

“Okay, Psyche, spit it out. I know you’re hiding something from me and its bothering you.” she placed her hand in front of me as if I would throw up a bubble gum.

I frowned at her then I pretended to barf on her hands.

“You are a pretty little liar.” She said.

“There are four girls in the sitcom. They don’t need another one.” I prompted.

She rolled her eyes. “Just spit it out will you? You are so hard to get!”

“You would never understand.” I mumbled.

“What? Could you stop mumbling? I can’t understand you!”

“Call a translator.” I told her and she pouts at me. “If I tell you something would you promise not to tell anyone?” I asked.

She leaned in close to me. “Yeah. I’m your best friend, what’s my purpose in your life?”

 “Ah… my persecutor?” she scowls at me.

After we ate our lunch I brought Janica in the theatre where I would be practicing for the play. We both knew that the place would still be empty since people will still be busy eating their lunch so we grabbed the opportunity and we talked there.

“Tell me what it is now or I won’t be able to sleep tonight!” she said.

I scoffed. “Weh. Really?”

“Stop with the talking and just continue the story!” she waves her hand.

I can’t help but smile with her excitement. I just can’t wait for her reaction when I tell her all about this “thing”. I wish I had brought my camera with me. It would be a Kodak moment.