Part 16

I wake up to something being placed on me. I open my eyes and see it was Suiren who's still asleep. "I think you lost this" shikamaru says while going to pack up his stuff so i get up and do the same. After everyone is all packed and ready to go we start to head to the sand while running because sensei is making us till lunch.

We have been running since 7am and it's now 10 am. We continue to run because we "have to run till lunch" what torcher but it's not that bad we have like a 2 minute water break every half hour. At about 10:30 we have pur water break but this time as we are drinking water we hear screaming in the distance "stay alert it might be a trap but we are going to go check it out" we all nod and start heading toward the screaming. "I can smell 4 different scents" sensei nods as we get closer. The screaming and cries for help are louder to the point that it's starting to hurt. Shikamaru noticed this and he called out to sensei, when he looked back he saw me clenching my ears and Suiren whining trying to stick her head between my legs. "Ino stay with them and get further away when the screaming stops come find us." "Right" she goes to grab my arm and this time I let her and she takes me further away from all the noise and my ears start to ring and I start to see black spots. "Ino i think i'm going to-" i didn't get to finish my sentence as i passed out.

When I passed out I woke up in my head again and saw tsuki hiding behind a rock clenching his ears like I was. I went and tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around so fast and was about to attack but when he saw me he didn't. "Where did you come from, kid?" "I passed out because my ears hurt so bad I think but I'm not 100 percent sure" he nodded and went back to holding his ears. "Tsuki, why are you holding your ears?" "i can hear everything you do and think and if i focus i can see what your doing as well but i don't really do it" nodding i sit by him but he doesn't put his paws back on his ears i raise an eyebrow at the action not being done "the screaming stopped" i nod again oh shoot "i'm supposed to feet with asuma sensei when the screaming stopped and ino cant carry me and suiren." tsuki starts to laugh "what are you laughing at wolf" he stops laughing "at least i aint a mutt and i was laughing because shikamaru can carry both of you but you dont think ino can i just believe it's a matter of preference." i started to pout because he called me a mutt and because he's probably right.

Inos pov
"Ino i think i'm going to-" she didn't say anything else but fell back onto the grass. 'Oh no' "y/n wake up come one wake up" i start shaking her but nothing is happening i look at suiren and it seems she passed out as well 'maybe we didn't get far enough' after trying to wake them both up for a little the screaming stops 'great how am i supposed to carry them both back' i place Suiren wear my ninja bet is it can holder her and i place y/n on my back 'she heavy' and start to walk to the rest of my team. When I get closer I can hear them talking. "The screaming stopped minutes ago they should be here by now" "calm down shikamaru they are fine" i call out "yea im fine y/n and suiren not so much" as i emerge out off a bush they all look at me carrying y/n as im about to drop her shikamaru catches her in his arms 'suspicious'  and carries her to asuma-sensei. I grab Suiren so she's more comfortable and place her in my arms but I can see Asuma-sensei looking at her. I sign and walk to him, handing him her and his face lights up a little. " so what happened" i ask seeing women behind asuma " well we got here and saw a women and 3 men and well they took her from her village and brought her here but it doesn't matter now" i could tell sensei didn't want to go into much detail i looked at the girl "hi im ino nice to meet you" she's steps out behind asuma "hi im amari" she says quietly but loud enough for me to hear. The boys look at me then at her "what" "she hasn't talked to us this whole time" "duh choji im a girl you just reduced her from 3 boys and you 3 are boys so." "your right shikamaru why didn't you think that you're smart" he doesn't spare us a glance he just keeps looking down at y/n in his arms with worry. I move closer to sensei, choji, and amari "i think that's because he was worried about y/n" i say so only they can hear.

We start to walk after a while and shikamaru is still holding y/n but suiren has woken up and is walking besides shikamaru. "Amari we never asked what village you are from?" she looks at me so i nod wanting to know as well "i'm from the sunagakure" " well that great right sensei that where we are going" he nods as we continue to walk. When we come across a pond we all take a break to sit and rest. For the first time shikamaru lays y/n on the ground but is still sitting by her. Suiren starts to lick y/n's face to wake her up i'm guessing and to everyone's surprise she starts to stir in her position. "I'm going to see if I can catch anything in the pond. Choji come with" choji nodes'' and collect everyone's water bottles to fill up and go with sensei.

We all watch as sensei is trying to catch some fish but is failing at it. "Didn't he say he was good at catching fish" "no i said there was a lot y/n was the one that said he got a his hands on a lot of fish" Shikamaru pauses for a little but starts to chuckle and caresses y/ns hand. "I'm guessing you caught my joke" followed by a cough "y/n your awake finally"

Y/ns pov
"Y/n your awake finally" I hold my head "yep I'm awake how long was I out" "a few hours" Shikamarus nonchalantly "how did we get here" I saw Shikamaru look away from me "Shikamaru carried you" said a small voice I looked next to ino and saw a girl I didn't recognize. Ino starts to laugh while Shikamaru starts to turn red. "You've been carrying me for hours Shikamaru" he doesn't look at me so I grab his chin and make him. We make eye contact and I see he's blushing. then  I realize 'oh shit in holding his face' I let go and stood up quickly. "I'm going to help sensei"

I get to the pond and get on it and start to look for some fish. I find some and stick both hands in the water and caught 2 fish. "Sensei, where do you want them?" he looks up with a fish wiggling in his hands "just give them to everyone." I nod and go back to the group that no choji is a part of. "Here you go" I hand ino and the other girl hers. Then head back onto the water.

I come back to the group with more fish and hand them to Shikamaru and Choji and Asuma comes back with a fish. "Sit down sensei I can get mine and Suirens" "are you sure y/n I can" "it's ok sensei you eat" he nods and sits down. A few minutes later I come back with 2 more fish and lay them on the grass. I see that Shikamaru is gone "where's Shikamaru" "he went to go look for wood so we can start a fire" I nod and I see Suiren is trying to play with the fish. "Suiren they are food and looking for water that's why they are flailing around" she wines and goes to sit in senseis lap which he gladly starts to pet her. Shikamaru came back with a bunch of wood and set it in the middle of us. Sensei starts the fire with his lighter and as the fire goes bigger we all put our fish on it. "Sensei I though you caught all the fish last night" he signed and lightly laughed "nope more of the fish was y/n I think I caught 2 yesterday" "then y/n why did you say he got all the fish" "that's no what she said ino she said he got his hands on a lot of fish she was making a joke but would only know if you knew the story" "what's the joke then Shikamaru if your so smart" "she was saying that he held a lot of fish in his hands just like today but they kept slipping out of them and going back into the water" he takes his fish off the fire and starts to eat it and all of us follow suit.  While we eat I kept Shikamaru kept glancing at me and I think everyone caught on so the next home he did I called him out "yes Shikamaru" "so when we get back can we all tell kiba that y/n passed out but I was nowhere near her"

1664 words