Forgetting Ones Fear

AN: I was in a bit of a Kaleido Star anime fandom when I wrote this stroy for school. Hope you all enjoy. It's short and somewhat thought out.

(HAS BEEN SOME-WHAT RE-EDITED)

---------------------------------

Forgetting Ones Fear

 -----------------------------------

     Peter Morgan by no means stood out, for he himself preferred it this way. He had decided though that for one and one time only that he would have to stand out or suffer the consequences. He shivered at that concept. He just had to do this or the beautiful stage at which he worked at would go under and close that month. He nodded to himself. Yes, he would win that contest and the $50,000 with his best trick.

     As Peter walked into the auditorium where his beloved permanent stage was placed he stared at it in awe.  The lights were lit from the bottom rims to the ceiling where some of the more daring acrobats were doing some of the more dangerous stunts on the trapeze or walking along the tightrope. This is what the stage was all about; the beauty of performing and the originality of it all. He smiled and walked along until he disappeared behind the door that held a large amount of the equipment.

     Five minutes later Peter was found by Genève Karlos, one of the stage’s acrobatic acts, who smiled and waved while walking over to him. He stuttered so much that he couldn’t even get a word of hello out of his mouth. After making pointless babble with him she just smiled knowingly and walked off. Peter sighed in relief. He liked Genève and all but for some reason he got more nervous around her than anyone else. He shrugged and continued his work.

     Lifting up a long spool he rested a plate on it and used his other hand to start the spinning cycle. He proceeded to do this until he had four simultaneously spinning. He knew he could get more plates spinning, he had to. So with no help at all he used the contours of his own body to pick up plates, along with sticks, and spin them at high speeds. Finally when all was said and done he was spinning over 200 hundred plates, all situated over every part of his body. Peter just knew that prize money was in the bag! As long as he didn’t blush and get all shy on everyone. 

     Finally the day of the contest arrived and Peter was ready. As he sat in a seat on one of the bar stools he shied away from anyone who would try to get a good look at him. It was not real hard though when everyone was paying attention to the next contestant who used his bottom as a spring to hop all around the place. Peter didn’t know if he could even outdo spring butt man, but he would do his best.

     Finally it was Peter’s turn. He tugged the three boxes that held his equipment with him to the center of the floor and unloaded its contents. He revved up four plates and let them fly like the first time in practice and then looked over the crowd, including spring butt man, who all yawned in boredom. He blushed in embarrassment and his head lowered. He would show them, he would show them all!

     Like the last time in his practice session Peter used the contours of his body to set and spin plates at breakneck speeds. This time though instead of just having 200 plates he had 400, double of what he did in practice! With this people where noticing and started to applaud his efforts. After the allotted five minute time was up he threw all the plates into the air and caught them perfectly and settled them safely inside all three boxes. Peter then stood up to his original stature and smiled while bowing. He had so much fun that he forgot all about his own shyness. He decided that he would smile forever and so he painted it on as to not forget the moment.

     The speakers crackled as someone over an intercom spoke. “There were many fine people who came here to participate in this contest tonight, but only one can win! The winner of the $50,000 goes to……..”

     Wouldn’t you like to know? The archives of this story where cut off from there where we found it. No one quite knows who won the challenge or even if Mr. Peter Morgan saved the stage, but we do know the story has a beginning and an ending. We just don’t know the ending. We do know however, that Peter got over his shyness all because something was being taken away from him. His beloved stage.