♡🐸Period🐸♡

☆ This oneshot was requested by @oxisimp ! They're really nice and have written a few stories so be sure to check them out! ☆

Character: Gon Freecs

AU: None

Warnings: Cramps :/ and strong language (why do I make characters curse so much omg-)

Pronouns: She/Her (Not saying only girls can get periods; the requester just wanted these pronouns)

Also the fact that I'm writing this while I'm on my cycle is just kinda funny to me-

Please enjoy!

~

You sighed, glancing at your once pure white bedsheets that were now covered in red and brown splotches. It was that time of the month again, and instead of finding out in the bathroom like usual, your period decided a midnight surprise was the best decision to go with. After throwing your dirtied sheets into the washing machine, you picked out some clean, comfy clothes that were free from the iron-like stench of blood and decided to hop in the shower. When you were done, you felt the sharp pain of a cramp take over the lower region of your abdomen. "Shit." You muttered to yourself on the way back to your room, along with several other swear words. You didn't even have the energy to run a brush through your hair. The only option for comfort seemed to be collapsing on the bed in the fetal position.

"Good morning star shine, the sun says hello!" A familiar voice shouted after bursting open your door.

"Gon." You said meekly from your ball-like position on the bed.

"Hi firefly!" He grinned, plopping down on the bed next to you. "Hey, what's wrong? Are You okay?" He asked, realizing the way you were laying down.

"I'm fine Gon. I'm just kinda hurt, sort of." You smiled, not exactly wanting to explain what a menstration cycle even is. Gon instinctively put his hand up to your forehead, checking for any sign of a fever.

"Well, you don't have a high temperature or anything but there's definitely something bothering you. What's up?" 

"It's nothing. It'll go away soon anyway!" You chuckled nervously.

~

It was definitely not nothing.

The day was filled with little outbursts, snarky remarks, and complaints from you practically all day long. Gon wasn't sure what caused this seemingly delinquent-esque behavior, but he was much too terrified to ask. At dinner, barely anyone spoke a word (including Killua, who was straight up petrified) and the only thing Gon had said was good night with his usual peck on the forehead.

The next morning, Gon came to wake you up once again, this time remaining quiet to, as Leorio so gracefully put it, 'not awaken the beast'. "Y/n, it's time to get up." He whispered, shaking you softly. You turned to him and smiled to which he just chuckled nervously.

"Sorry for being so rude yesterday. There's a thing that people go through sometimes where they bleed from um..." You didn't want to continue. Gon looked perplexed for a moment, but then understood.

"You could've just said you were on your period, silly goose!" He giggled. "It's part of life; it's not like you have to be ashamed of it." Gon smiled, wrapping you in a hug. "Do you need me to go get you anything?" He asked, still holding you tightly.

"Chocolate please." You practically begged.

"Okay, chocolate and what else? Maybe a movie?" He let go of you, but still sat close. "We should rent the princess bride again! Oh, and do you have a heating pad or do you want me to get one for you?" 

"Can we just cuddle for now? Y'know, before chocolate and stuff." You asked.

"Of course!" 

And with that, the two of you laid there all day. Whenever a cramp would hurt really bad, Gon would let you squeeze his hand. He'd also remind you to just try and relax.

"I know it's difficult to calm down sometimes, and I feel like it'd be even harder when your uterus is expanding. I'm here if you need anything at all!"