The Girl Who is Experiencing Hell

• Dedicated to Everyone Suffering from Depression

Ian's POV

I was back from school. I collapsed on the cool soothing grass and let go of my messenger bag. I hate those things! They are so annoying and they dig into my left shoulder, leaving it throbbing. I kicked it. Why did I buy it? Because someone's little Mamma's boy's Mamma goes like, "I want my little widdle boy to get new friends. What better than to seem cool?" I also end up with pink clothes. "Only men wear pink" she says. Sheesh. Way to destroy my social life. I guess you want to know about my school day? Lousy. If you want to know more, you are welcome to pay $500 a minute, or you can ask my teacher and search my permanent record. And after that, I say this to you, "By the power invested in me by this stupid stick I found on the ground, I now name you a Full Fledged Stalker."

Okay, don't ask me but while I was thinking, my little sister came with a gun and shot me on the face and skinned me and made my skin into a handbag. She held it reverently like a trophy. I woke up. I heard a melody playing. It was so soothing, yet it was a sad melody. When I actually paid attention to it, my chest started hurting really badly. It felt like my soul was being devoured by the melody. F sharp, A.... I got up, entranced. I had to see what it was. I followed the source of the music. My mind kept repeating "turn away" "turn away" "go back" "don't go", but I kept going anyways. When I got there, I saw a girl playing the violin. I stared at her, hypnotized. She seemed to be in a trance of her own. After the song was done, it felt like she saw me for the first time.

Her eyes widened in shock, her instrument falling to the ground. Fear in her eyes, she showed me a sketch pad- it had gone unnoticed when I was listening, and on it was written:

"Don't come any closer. I am not your enemy. I will leave now. Forget you ever saw me. I do not exist. If you remember, trouble will befall you and I will live in guilt. If you stay any longer, I cannot guarantee your safety."

I didn't heed the warning. I went closer. A tear went down her cheek and she whispered, in a voice barely audible, "No..."

A step closer and she changed. NO, she is not a werewolf or a vampire, but her eyes became a dull brown, her face losing color rapidly. She was shaking in fear at first, but now she held a face of serenity, but in there, there was also a mixture of anxiety and stress. She held her hands out like to cradle a baby and in a monotone, droned:

"I can hear your heart's whispers. You do not know your place in this vast land. You think you hate bossy people, as you call it, but the truth is, you like it for you do not have to make any choices, and you have someone to blame. You think you are good, but you are teetering. You believe the people are wicked, yet you think you are good. Stop this foolishness, naïve boy! You are no better than the next man. You have no value! You are nothing in the vast world you live in! However, someone out their loves you and will die for you. I will help you find a place in this world. But you have to be willing. You may have questions. I know much, I have seen more than I want to for I am born of the wishes that people have made since the beginning of time. This girl has let me into her body, for she believes that 1 day, someone will save her from her pit of darkness. This someone is her last hope. You will see her depression when the time is right. As you may have deduced, that someone is you. You shall do so, and in that you will pull yourself out from the deep abyss you call your heart."

How the hell did she know that? On cue, she fell shivering onto grass. I left her there, my head brimming with information. Who the hell is she?