Chapter 1 - Unedited

The butterflies felt like kicks in the stomach as Arabella waited for the elevator to reach the 24th floor. She contemplated the last four months since finishing university. The move to America being her most dramatic change so far. Using her mothers maiden name was the second, her father had to many contacts in publishing and she wanted to make it on her own. The perfect interview clothes were not something thrown together 20 minutes before you left the house, the way you present yourself holds as much importance as the qualifications ones possesses or so Arabella believed. As she smoothed her pencil skirt she decided the 2 weeks she took planning her interview clothes was not wasted. The black pencil skirt stopped just above her knee emphasising the classy slit at the back, the cranberry coloured long sleeved shirt was a brilliant buy, it was both professional and elegant and most of all portraying her boobs as assets rather than the small hand-falls she had come to think of them as. Arabella wanted to prove herself as both a professional and a woman, she believed ones appearance could be used for many business tricks but also while meeting clients (if she got the job) she did not want to embarrass her boss, the company or herself. The ding of the elevator let her know she'd reached the 24th floor. She stepped out on to the white marble floor, her 5inch black heels making that female clink as she walked. The receptionist was a youthful redhead with a pair boobs that could rival a glamour model. The redhead smiled up at her.

"I have an interview at 2, Miss Walker" The redhead nodded.

"Follow Daniel, he'll make sure you don't get lost" The redhead pointed towards a boy, he could be no older than 21, he was cute and had a boyish smile. Defiantly a summer intern.

"First interview?" He asked, she laughed

"Do I really look that nervous?"

"God no, you remind me of my sister when she finished college" She followed him down a hall way, at the end were four doors. He opened the one on the far left marked board room. A table run the length of the room, two chairs on the left side had clearly already been occupiedat some point, as Daniel motioned for her to take the chair opposite.

"Would like something to drink?"

"Yes please. Coffee, three sugars, no milk"

"Sure. Both gentlemen will be with you soon" she smiled and faced the glass wall. The "words both gentlemen" rung in her eyes, she was sure that the job description stated "editorial senior assistant", perhaps a director was overseeing the interviews as well. Looking at the view of New York in an attempt to calm her nerves. The door opened, but she didn't turn around.

"Oh Daniel. Is Miss Walker here?"

"Yes sir, she's seated already. I'm just taking in her coffee"

"Great" Why did that voice sound so familiar Arabella wondered

"Good afternoon Miss Walker" the gentlemen greeted her in union as they walked in the room. As a pair of twins took the seats opposite her. Arabella felt the urge to push the table over and run from the room screaming. Instead she sat motionless and professional. She would never allow them to affect her the way they did when they were younger. Their dark hair was shorter than the last time she saw them, although it was clear it was cut professionally it was still had that bedhead look It always had done. Their midnight blue eyes held a storm of emotions, their strong jaws were set in a tense expression, and Arabella couldn't help taking a glance at their full lips. As a teenager their look goods had always made her feel weak at the knees and nervous, but she was a grown woman now and she'll be damned if she let them know how badly they still affected her even after all of these years. Instead she decided to play the interview out and act completely unaware of their identities, instead of kicking her heels off and running from the room she decided to greet both men.