Adrien's Conflicted Heart

Meanwhile... (we switch to Adrien and Plagg packing his night bad in his room)

Adrien paces going back and forth from his bathroom, his closet, and his bed where his bag sits open on top. 

He seems to keep thinking he forgot something causing him to frantically search for it only to realize he already packed it. Plagg finishes his cheese with a big gulp and finally decides he's had enough.

Plagg: "Ugh kid why are you so nervous"

Adrien rambles in a squeaky pitch "what?! I'm not nervous! Why would you say I'm nervous?! Do I look nervous?! Oh god she's gonna be able to tell that I'm nervous and I'll start to sweat and she'll see my sweat stains and she'll think I'm gross!" He paces back and forth biting his lip nervously.

Plagg: "woahhh kid. Calm down. No one will be able to tell and they wouldn't even care. Plus you don't have any sweat stains. And what girl is it this time? Ladybug isn't gonna be going to this thing right?"

Adrien: "oh shoot ladybug! I forgot about her."

The boy collapses on his bed with his arms spread out like a bird. He feels guilty for forgetting about his self-proclaimed soulmate Ladybug.

"Soooo who's the girl making you forget all about Ladybug?" Plagg asks in a teasingly suggestive tone while he flies over to the cabinet to get another piece of cheese)

Adrien's face turns red, "uhhhh no one. She's just a friend, forget about it."

Plagg rolls his eyes as he realizes who had caused his owner to pace around his room for the past half hour. "Ah yes, Marinette, the 'just a friend' girl whom you have a totally normal friendship with," Plagg says in a sarcastic tone. 

He turns his head away from Adrien to hide his look of frustration knowing that his owner is unable to acknowledge his love for his classmate because of his love for ladybug which that very same classmate secretly is. And of course, Plagg can't tell any of what he knows to Adrien which means he had to listen to his love-struck owner drone on for hours about the girl who keeps rejecting him FOR HIM!

Adrien: "don't say it like that Plagg, she really is just a friend" Adrien blushes as he adds "a really really good friend" he smiles to himself.

Only Plagg could see the little sparkle in his eyes that showed up every time he talked about either Marinette or Ladybug. All Plagg could do was hope to lead the kid to his own revelations by encouraging his relationship with Marinette.

Plagg: "yeah that makes sense. All friends occasionally slow dance while floating in the night sky under the moonlight, and kiss their friends randomly on the cheek, and run to protect them whenever there's an akuma attack even though there are tons of other people also in danger in the room, and-"

"Exactly!" Adrien smiles triumphantly while marching over to the bathroom.

Plagg stares at the back of the boy's head. His gaze shoots bullets into the blonde's seemingly empty skull. Is this boy serious? How did he not hear the sarcasm? This boy is why blonde jokes exist! -- he couldn't help but think to himself. Plagg follows him into the bathroom where Adrien has begun to brush his hair in an unusually meticulous way.

Plagg: "you realize I was being sarcastic right? Normal friends do not do that stuff Adrien!"

Adrien frowns then looks at his kwami with a grumpy squished expression on his face. He turns back to the mirror, "BEST friends do" the corners of his mouth turn up into a smile then drop as he raises one of his eyebrows. "At least I think... This year is my first year having any friends really."