Why Did it Happen to Me?

Why did it happen to Me?

'Tell me what you want to hear

Something that delight those ears

Sick of all the insincere 

I'm gonna give all my secrets away.'

__________________________________________________________

*Flashback (summer going into Sophmore year) 2:30 am, sleepover

Juliet's POV

"Haha, okay okay, time to get serious, lets play the secret game!" Kendall screached.

Wow Kendall, I thought we ditched that in sixth grade.

We were in our friends, Jenna's basment. I was surrounded by seven of my best friends, Jenna the outgoing girl, Claudia the violent teen, Kendall ... well she's Kendall, Julianna the tall blonde, Jill the quiet one, Holly the sassy one, and last but not least my BEST friend of all Elise. She is amazing, with the naturally curly brunette hair and flawless skin. As I was lost in thought I noticed Elise suggesting otherwise. 

"Come on, can't we play spin around and see who falls down first?" Elise suggested

"Why? Do you have somthing to hide?"  Claudia replied teasingly while playfully nudging her shoulder.

"NO!"

Then Julianna pointed out, "We already played that game today anyways. Come on gals, gather in a circle!"

Shit. I reluctantly sat down and hoped that my turn would never come.

"Okay Jenna, how about you go first girly!"

The circle went by too fast and in what seemed like a matter of seconds, it was my turn. I looked over to Elise for support and found that she was on the verge of tears just by looking at me.

"Juliet? It's your turn! Spill it!!" Kendall annoyingly announced.

"Uh...I...Don't have any...um..sorry." I managed to say

"Seriously? Juliet, I can see it in your face, you look like your hiding a whole other life" Claudia said matter-o-factly.

"Ugh, fine....I'm..moving..backtoCalifornia" I tried to spit out fast enough for them not to hear.

"WHAT?!"

Guess that didn't work.

After a few momeents of ackward silence, I looked up from the ground to see everyone on the verge of tears while Jill and Holly were balling their eyes out. I looked down once again, unable to look at the hurt in their eyes any longer. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso, it was Elise with mascara running down her cheeks. I hugged her back from the side as more arms wrapped around me, from everyone. After what felt like a decade of being huddled up together, crying, all of us calmed down and backed up from me again.

Finally, Julianna asked the first question, "When?"

"The end of summer." More tears.

Then the next question was from Jenna, "Why?"

"Uh.. My Dad's job.."

LIES.

I truly wish I could tell them but I can't, I only told Elise, which was already too much, but I know I can trust her.