𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟔 - 𝒔𝒏𝒐𝒘

The Darkling becoming king gained different reactions

The Darkling becoming king gained different reactions. The death of the King and the rest of the royal family fleeing Os Alta, raised some questions. While the politics the Darkling had initiated were very helpful to Ravka, the fear of Grisha, let alone the most powerful one caused Ravka to shake.

The otkazat'syas were having mixed reactions, but with the support of the states Lords and Generals, Kirigain gained respect and support.

Shu Han and Fjerdan were extremely upset when they heard the news, tensions were high.

Though Aleksander took all this in pride, he had planned to kill the King when he utilised the fold with Aurora. His plans had to be slightly altered but everything was going to plan. Well, not everything. . .

Aurora had rejected his proposal, so he planned a date. One to 'woo' her. Eldora had loved the beach and Aleksander constantly saw Aurora down by the lake. The girl was like a mermaid, drawn to any water possible, and he had heard her complaints about how cold the waters were, and how she was unable to swim.

What Aurora did not know was about the secret springs that Aleksander had discovered over two hundred years prior.

He had been scouting the forest behind the newly built Little Palace and was attempting to find some water to drink from. Instead, he had stumbled across a hot water spring. It was the middle of winter, yet the water was crystal clear and bumbling with boiling water.

That had inspired him to build a banya for Grisha to relax their muscles because after bathing in the water, the total relaxation in Aleksanders aching muscles was almost too nice to leave.

That being said the trek to get there was slightly more difficult, he had the path to his sanctuary stay overgrown so no one else would find it. Apparently, Aurora did not like 'unnecessary' exercise and 'we don't all have bodies like yours Aleks'.

Any complaints from her died the second her eyes reached their destination. It only took her one minute to strip down and jump into the water, laughing like a joy. He admired her childlike wonder, he lost his after the first sixty years, she hadn't.

Aurora seemed to notice his staring "Is that your Kefta, or are you just happy to see me?"

The two spent hours relaxing in the heat, surrounded by white snow, the only sounds that could be herald were sounds of joy. The stars above rejoiced, their sun and moon were reunited once again.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As they walked back to the Grand Palace, laughing. Aleksander finally brought up the courage to ask her "So how was my first attempt and wooing you?"

Aurora could see the smug grin he wore, he knew how great the date was. That didn't mean she would let him win.

She sighed in contempt and fake solace "Well if you make me come like that again, I'll continue to let me court you"

The smug grin dripped off his face and was replaced with his jaw hanging wide open. She still had the same spitfire.

Aurora quickly kissed his cheek "Jaw up honey, wouldn't want the volcra to get you" and at that, she took off running, not before turning around to yell "race you".

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When Feydor ran into the new king, he decided to speak up. He could see the fresh snow littered in the man's shadow black hair. "Good date, Moi Tsar"

That got the Kings attention, he smirked "Yes Feydor, thank you for your advice"

At that, he walked off, with an actual spring in his step.

Feydor couldn't believe his eyes, after seeing the man pout yesterday and complain about wooing a girl, he thought the man couldn't be any more different. Now the man was thanking him. HIM. for advice, what a crazy world.

Times were changing.