The Ultimate Betrayal

Start from the beginning

Loki groaned and lay back on the bed, closing his eyes.

"Loki," Avery called his name. He ignored her.

"Loki"

"Loki"

"Loki, you're being immature"

He opened one eye and then closed it again.

"Loki" Avery went to smack his arm in annoyance but he grabbed it swiftly before she could.

She let out a gasp in surprise as he pulled her onto him and pressed his lips against hers. He quickly flipped them over, putting himself on top and brought his lips to her neck.

"I love you," he whispered between kisses. Avery pulled Loki's shirt off impatiently and threw it aside.

"I love you more" She replied leaving a trail of kisses on his chest. Loki messed with her dress's zipper and then broke it out of irritation causing Avery to laugh. She began to slide the dress off but Loki gasped in pain, clutching his stomach. Then the pain was gone. It was a reminder that everything was not okay.

"What's wrong?" Avery asked worriedly.

Loki shook his head, "it's nothing"

"Are you sick?" Avery asked.

"No, I'm fine" Loki lied, "Don't worry about me"

"You need to rest" Avery said getting up from bed.

"I don't need to rest, I need you" Loki complained.

She fixed her hair and walked towards the door.

"I'll tell Odin that you're not feeling well and need to rest" Avery said, "I'll check on you later"

Before Loki could say otherwise, Avery left.

"Damn it" Loki muttered under his breath.

(Loki POV)

The library was always a nice place to be. It was usually a place where I could think and be alone. It was also were I could almost always find my mother.

And just as I thought, she was sitting by the library's fireplace engrossed in a book.

I took a seat in the sofa in front of her.

I didn't speak. I didn't know what to say.

"You may confide in me, Loki" Frigga told me, "is something wrong?"

"I'm fine" I lied, "I just came here to think."

 "Your aura tells me otherwise," she said setting her book on her lap.

"My aura?"

"You're not well" Frigga said.

I frowned, "I'll be fine"

"My son, you know better than to lie to your mother," She scolded.

"Well, who am I with out lies?" I asked, "I've given up enough of myself for love"

" So it's an identity crisis that you're having" Frigga presumed.

"What?" I asked, "No, I know who I am"

"You've changed a lot Loki," Frigga stated, "I wouldn't be surprised if you're finding the change difficult."

Loki rolled his eyes.

"You know who you are with Avery" Frigga said, "but you no longer know who you can be without her."

"And what is that supposed to mean, mother?"