J - 1 - Inquiry

Hehe enjoy this break from upload schedule.

Actually this may impact my upload schedule greatly and I might go silent because this was supposed to cover 33 days whoops-

Because some of you may not have read "The Law," there will be small flashbacks involved in this chapter. Since flashbacks are hard to distinguish sometimes, I'll use a ~~~ to separate them from the present and a ~ to separate back-to-back flashbacks. This also starts with a flashback sequence, so just remember that, please. 

Note that the flashbacks will not be identical to "The Law," since I can't remember everything exactly.

Also, since I don't remember where "The Law" left off, I'm starting the present a week after Dust was taken in by the Outertale brothers.

Enjoy your influx of angst, 'cause I'm sayin' that this particular story has a lot.

~~~~~

"Do you have to hurt him so much?" Outer didn't like it.

"It's not in my hands." Ink frowned; his acting was nearly unmatched. "The judges decided on it; I am merely the tool by which their wishes are carried out."

"But he's been through so much already..can't we cut it off early?"

"He isn't broken yet; the terms are until he breaks."

"He looks broken to me.." 

"He isn't.."

"Can't you at least tone it down a little? He doesn't have to wear that around his neck..he isn't an animal.."

"Majority vote - he won't be permitted to take it off until he breaks. I promise that as soon as he is broken, he will be taken to the next meeting, at which point, he will be released."

"..You promise? I can't imagine someone like you enjoying this, but..you won't hurt him after he breaks, will you?"

"No, I won't." Ink was lying; I had already been broken beyond repair.. "You have my word."

"Thanks, Ink.."

"Of course."

I was alone..

~

"You're so sensitive!" Ink laughed as he tainted my soul with his cruel touch. "You really hate this, don't you?"

I couldn't speak; my tears spoke for me. He wasn't supposed to touch my soul! It was against every known monster law! My soul was supposed to be pure..he was tainting my being..I couldn't stop him..

"Poor little Dust, so helpless; you really need help to stop me.." Ink ran his fingers across my soul; he didn't even care about me.. "Too bad there is no one to help you!"

I was tainted.. 

~

"I never knew a skeleton could respond so well to choking.." Ink hummed as he pulled on my leash. "Welp, Learn something new every day!"

I could feel my vertebrae cracking..why couldn't he let go?! I wanted my family! I wanted someone! Anyone! Why was nobody coming?! I collapsed on the floor as Ink finally let go of my leash; I believed he had broken my spine..it hurt so much..

"Oh, did I do it again?" Ink noticed that I wasn't moving very much as he loosened my collar. "You're too fragile for this..maybe we can just keep you like this overnight! I'll be asleep, Dust; I'll heal you in the morning..or maybe tomorrow afternoon, if I'm feeling up to it."