it was quiet,quieter than usual.

she placed her stuff on the kitchen floor before searching the kitchen for a note.

usually,the Williams would leave a list of tasks for aaliyah to complete on the kitchen island,but today,there was none.

she looked under the counter and all around the kitchen before ultimately deciding that it was not there.

she shrugged,deciding to just do what she would normally do before turning around and grabbing the ingredients to make aaron's strawberry lemonade.

she cut up the strawberries before putting them in the pitcher and filling it with lemonade and sugar.

she finished making the drink before going to put it in the fridge before she was stopped.

"is that mine?"

aaron stood in the kitchen with his arm out,reaching for the pink drink.

she sighed.
"what do you think? don't ask dumb ass questions."
she stated,putting the pitcher in the fridge.

he moved around the counter pushing past her and opening the fridge again to grab the drink before pouring himself some.

"don't be petty-"

"i'm not."

"bullshit."
she replied.

"you know what,you don't have to be here aaliyah.you can leave right now if that's what you wanna do."

"i would if i could,but clearly it's not my decision to make and you know that."
she told him.

he tilted his head.
"what did i do wrong aaliyah?"

her mouth fell open.
"what didn't you do? you think you're some sort of saint but you're not,you're just a spoiled little rich boy who will never work for anything in this life."

"that's what you wanna think? keep thinking it.but don't say shit when in four years i end up in a big house in hidden hills with a bank account too full to even count-"

"well it won't be because you worked hard i'll tell you that."
she moved around the counter.

"it'll be because you cheated your way through,the same way you do everything else in life.you're a sad boy aaron,and i feel bad for the next woman that has to deal with you,jessica not included-"

"and you're a sad girl aaliyah,i feel bad for you.you let everybody else walk all over you and you act all big and strong but in reality you're nothing,you're nobody,you'll never be anybody.you've wasted eighteen years of your life worrying about everybody else and being a bitch to anybody or anything that comes your way,instead of manning up and taking it on for real.well get it right aaliyah! this is real life okay aaliyah,people aren't gonna change their ways just to cater to your every need,so either deal with it or do what you continue to do which is hide away and ignore what life throws at you! nobody else will say it to your face,so i will,and there's nothing that you say to make me take it back!"

aaliyah swallowed her saliva.
"i think i'm pregnant."

aaron's face went numb as he felt color in his face drain.
he couldn't speak.