Chapter Twenty Three: Heels From Hell

"Mira?"

My focus on Sarah quickly fell. I turned to Leon and gave him a fake smile. "Yes?" I asked with a failed attempt of a straght face. Leon stared into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity. "Why are you lying to me?" he asked.

"What?"

"You're lying to me."

I gave him a glare. "How in the world am I doing so?" I asked.

"Because you can't even give me a striaght face." he hissed.

He was right. Instead of smiling, I gave him a grimace. My eyes were a little teary, now that I think about it. I growled and wiped my face in anger. "Whether you believe me or not, I'm fine." And I sped off.

.......................................................................................................................

Leon's P.O.V.

Mira walked away from me, tears running down her face. I shrug it off and walked away. I have no time to deal with any drama today.

I mean sure, I worry for her. She seems like the only person who treats me like an equal. Unlike those people who hate or are afraid of me for no or some reason or those people who treat me like a child. But Mira... She's different than these people here. She doesn't just find a reason to hate somebody and use that same reason against them. I don't know if I can keep this... Friendship, any longer. My father would disapprove. And that is something I would never want to experience again.

Not again.

I don't even know how to even treat a friend anymore. And girls would be even harder. Because they are so emotional, and bitchy and,

And...

Dammit!

Mira's P.O.V
I run to the nearest bathroom stall in the girl's restroom down the hall and cried my eyes out. I don't want to face Sarah again. Not even that other part either. I don't even want to remember her name anymore. I don't want anything to do with them right now. How will they react? How can I-

*knock, knock*

Someone was knocking on my stall. This angers me. I don't want to talk to anyone! As my anger grew, I felt my teeth get a little longer. Getting scared now, I cried a little harder.

"Mira?"

My ears perked up. Leon?
I dried up the best that I could and tried to answer him.

"Yes?" I croaked.

There as silence on the other side.

"I'm not even going to ask because obviously you are not ok. What happened?"

"Well aren't you as lovely as ever."

"Just tell me."

I laughed silently at his determination. But just as I was going to tell him what my problem was, I heard a couple of girls coming this way, with their heels clicking violently into the hardwood floors.

Instantly figuring out who they were, I opened the stall door for Leon.

"Lee, we gotta hide." I warned. He just scoffed and gave me a challenging look. "Why would I get in a stall with you?" But before he could ask another rhetorical question, he froze. With the clicking got louder and louder, his eyes widened in realization. Without saying a word, he quickly went into the stall and closed the door behind him.

With their heels were getting louder and closer, a wave of panic went through me. Because I could hear the voices of frog girl and her gang.

Yep, we are all going to die.