CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

"So how exactly do you plan on getting us out?" Liliya asked as she looked at Ivan. He had been sitting by the door for the past ten minutes watching the Shu men speaking. He told her what was happening every few minutes but mostly kept it to himself, keeping quiet. Liliya didn't trust him. She hadn't for weeks but all of this confirmed her, "Ivan," Liliya snapped. The man turned back

"Be quiet or they'll hear us," He snapped as he looked down at her. She rolled her eyes before staring down at her bandage. It was still badly wrapped and she really needed to redo it at some point but she didn't have the supplies and if they got out, it would soon be healed so it didn't entirely matter. She just needed to get out.

"I need you to use your shadows. Blind them," Ivan said as he turned to face her. The Shu men were talking loudly, practically cackling. Night was falling once again and they were only getting more drunk. Liliya could hear it in their voice and their slurred Shu.

"And then what?" Liliya asked as she pushed herself to her feet. It was surprising that they hadn't come to check on the Grisha but she was thankful. It gave her and Ivan enough time to come up with a plan. Though she was wary, wary of him abandoning her like she suspected. He hated her more than anyone seemed to. His love had quickly morphed to jealousy and anger, resentment. His presence exhausted her.

"And then we get out and leave the Boy to the Shu," Ivan said as he stood up, brushing down his kefta. There were blood stains covering the fabric now. Most of it from Liliya when she booted his nose. Dried blood was still evident on his cupid's bow but they had long lost care for how they looked by this point.

"We can't leave the Boy, Ivan. That is the only reason any of us are here," Liliya snapped, keeping her voice low. The Shu men had gone quiet and their gazes moved to the door. Hearing movement, stamping against the floor and then a roar of cheers. Someone seemed to have been chugging... something. Liliya didn't know and didn't bother to look. The drunker they were, the better.

"And that Boy has caused us nothing but danger. I don't think General Kirigan will care as long as we come back alive," Ivan said simply. His gaze flicking to the door before landing on the redhead again. Liliya pushed her fingers through her hair and stared up at him again.

"He is just a pawn in this power game. Everyone is using him. At least if we take him to the Little Palace, he might be moved off the chess board," Liliya argued, crossing her arms over her chest. Ivan rolled his eyes and took a step back, "He's a kid, Ivan. We can't leave him," Liliya hissed. Ivan gritted his teeth and adjusted the kefta around him. It fitting snugly against his body.

"That is exactly what we will do. The Boy does not matter. Now are you ready?" Ivan asked. Liliya sighed. She would get that Boy. He could be the Sun Summoner. He could save all of Ravka. He may have stabbed her, hurt her. He could be the reason for all this but he was still only a child. A child in a game of politics that he was too young to comprehend. It would be cruel to leave him. Leave him to be murdered by the ruthless Shu assassins that were currently getting drunk.