3: Help

Coincidentally, I was invited again in the palace. Li Cha really admired Bai Suxin. She likes spending time with this fairy-like person. It's unbelievable.

"Your highness, why don't I visit your fourth brother?"

"Fourth brother?"

I smiled at her. Then Li Cha wickedly laughed.

"You go find him. But you have to hurry back. Don't let crown prince brother catch you or else, he'll get jealous."

I heavily nodded.

Lu Kai, Eunuch Xu and Jin'er were with me when we found Li Han in the training ground. He was alone. He looked so pathetic.

Li Han was faking everything. Like how his bad posture can be compared to those new hired awkward soldiers. He's really trying so hard to hide his true self.

Seriously? He is the male lead but he is not immortal! He just recovered from cold. Why isn't he resting?

When Li Han noticed our presence, he paused for a few seconds then he continued swinging his swords. With more power, showing his anger and frustration in every slash of his swords.

I walked slowly to him. Li Han was sweating. He breathed hard before he glanced at me and glared.

"Stop it."

I stopped, few steps far from him then I moved my head to the side. "What?"

"Stop sending me food. Stop sending me medicine. I'm not a beggar."

Chuckling, "Your highness is wrong. For me, his highness is no different from a beggar in the street."

As usual, his expression showed how he felt insulted. A mere daughter of a noble, treated him, a prince like a beggar.

"I heard you got sick so I sent you medicine. I heard your financial budget was cut off because you angered the crown prince. So as a loyal subject of the empire, I, a noble daughter with a good heart, sent you food. Instead of being thankful, your highness want to reprimand me? I've never seen such hypocrisy."

"Bai Suxin." His nose flared.

'I hate the male lead. I hate everyone. I hate this fucking novel. I don't want to be here. Why am I here? Why me?! Why?!'

"Su- Suxin."

I blinked. Noticing that Li Han was staring at me with a shock expression. I touched my cheeks, and damn, they were tainted with tears.

'Damn it!' I breathed in and tried to control my emotion. I have to act well. I have to.

"Tsk. You're so pitiful that it makes me cry." I giggled.

"Suxin. You."

"Your highness, if you want to thank me for pitying you, why not give me one of your eye?" I laughed crazily. No. I really think I'm going crazy.

His confuse expression gone. His lips turned into a thin line. "I don't need your help."

"Whatever."