𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚌

══════ • ❀ • ══════

december 1994

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚌"

𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚜

The next day came faster than Violetta had anticipated. She was woken by the winter sun which peaked from behind the clouds of the morning. She got dressed and headed for breakfast where her brothers were already stuffing their faces while her parents were still getting ready for the day. Once Violetta and her brothers were done with their breakfast, Lucius and Narcissa entered the dining room but the children just wished their parents a good morning and headed straight towards the gardens.

The Malfoy children didn't like to admit it, but sometimes they were just like everyone else and enjoyed playing in the snow. They had a little snow fight, the boys against Violetta but she didn't mind it. She was Violetta after all.

Their little games were cut short by their grandparents who came to see them before the ball. While Narcissa, Priscilla, Druella and the children were sitting in the parlor, Abraxas, Cygnus and Lucius were in Lucius' study, discussing some important matters.

One of them being the marriage contract between Violetta and Peregrine Derrick. The second all three men had entered Lucius' study, Lucius took out the contract and tossed it into the roaring flames of fire. He didn't give a reason ― other than not wanting to force his daughter into a marriage ― since he had respected Violetta's wishes to keep the incident with Derrick just between the immediate family.

There was a lot of yelling and cursing once Lucius had burned the contract. The yelling and cursing was produced by Abraxas while Cygnus just poured himself some more fire-whiskey.

The day dragged along with several heated arguments, insults and threatening glances until it was finally time to get ready for Regulus and Violetta's ball. But unfortunately for Violetta, the two sets of grandparents chose to stay in the manor and get ready in the guest wing instead of doing that in their own homes.

Violetta was sitting by her vanity, her mother brushing her brown hair. There was awkward silence around them which was very unusual. But what would you do in a situation where your only daughter is coming of age and she was assaulted just two days ago by someone from school. Then there was the matter of Violetta's peculiar feelings she had towards Fleur.

Narcissa was used to knowing everything when it came to her children and especially when it came to her daughter. But now after last night's revelations and tonight's ball, she had no idea what was going on inside Violetta's head.