The Red Wedding

EDITED

The heroes will always be remembered, the best and the worst and the few who were a bit of both.

The moment Elena arrived at the Twins she knew something was wrong. Soldiers were at the gates, some were walking around in a hurry with fear evident on their faces. The Northerners didn't have a slightest idea of what was going to happen that night, they thought that there was only a beautiful wedding going on in the castle. Most importantly, they thought they could just party without a care that night and forget about everything the morning after. They could never have been more wrong.

The first instinct Elena had was to call out and tell them that the Freys were going to attack them. She had to decide against it though, it would bring Robb's life in even more danger. If Walder Frey realized someone knew about his real intentions shit would go down immediatelly.

All of this she knew the moment she saw one soldier coming from the castle. To say she was smart wouldn't be true, she only relied on her instincts. She was a guardian, she existed only to protect. With that came some abilities that would come in very handy in the future.

She walked past the gates in a hurry to get inside the castle as fast as she could. Fear was running through her body but also exhaustion. She had been asleep for almost a year, you could call it some sort of hibernation. She heart Grey Wind the moment she raced through the courtyard. Soldiers were standing around the cage he was trapped in, mocking him and throwing rocks at the fierce dire wolf.

"Excuse me." Elena tapped on one of the soldier's shoulder. He turned around immediately and Elena took the chance to hit him on the head. He passed out but soon the others were on top of her. With some skillfull moves she knocked them out too without drawing any futher attention.

"Come on Grey Wind, run." She opened the cage and lead the wolf towards the gates of the castle. First the wolf didn't listen, he was searching for his owner frantically. He whined as he pushed against Elena's legs, begging her to let him pass. Only she didn't. All she did was kneel down in front of him, stroking the side of his head as she forced him to look in her eyes.

"It's me, Greywind. I'm here." She saw the wolf's eyes widen in surprise at the sight of her face. He began to squable, licking her hands. Yet he didn't cease his attempts to get past her. "He will be okay, I promise." Elena said as she pushed Grey Wind towards the gates. A few more whines passed his mouth until finally he obliged, running towards the woods.

"I'm sorry miss, I can't let you pass." One of Walder Frey's guards stopped Elena from going in The Great Hall after she had walked towards the door. Without any second thought Elena pulled her sword and sliced his throat. The other guards noticed the commotion immediatelly, their swords held high when they charged at her. With ease she killed them too, she had been training in sword fighting almost her whole life.

When Elena had killed the last guard without making much of a noise she pushed the door open. Her heart skipped a beat as her feet froze to the ground when she saw what was happening. Bowmen were stationed around the great hall with their arrows pointed at Robb, who had two of them in his chest. Elena gulped as she forced herself to remain calm. Everyone looked at her, Walder Frey with a confused glance.

'I didn't get an invitation, did I?' Elena looked around the room. "Pity.'

"Elena?" Her eyes landed on Catelyn who had Walder Frey's wife in her arms with a knife to her throat. Catelyn looked at her, confusion was clear in her eyes what soon changed into hope. That one glance was all it took to get Elena angry. She had known Catelyn almost all her life, she had taken care of Elena, raised her like her own child when she was abandoned and alone.