Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust Chapter 21

Recap:

The Balaur took Morrighan and within seconds they had vacated the building. 

I was left standing in the middle of the club with all eyes on me nobody moved a muscle. 

***Well damn, now what am I going to do?***

***The humans obviously know that we are supernatural, act naturally and see what their reaction is. We need to see how much damage control we need to do.***

***Great idea Einstein, because that is so going to work***

***You wouldn’t believe what people are willing to believe when nothing else makes any sense.***

***Okay I’ll give it a go***

“Well that went well!” I called out to the masses of people. “We are awfully sorry for the horrific show. Morrighan was a bio-chemical terrorist from Romania, he escaped our country many years ago and fled here. We finally found him  a couple of weeks ago and tonight we have put an end to his terror. He will not be able to inflict his chemical experiments on anyone ever again.”

I looked a few people in the eye to see if they believed the bunch of crap I’d just spewed and low and behold they had. Dimitri was right. 

***I am always right.*** 

***If you add an I told you so-***

***You‘ll what? Kick my ass? My dear wife remember who it was who trained you.***

***And you‘d do well to remember who‘s bed you intend to sleep in tonight your majesty.*** I looked at him smugly and then turned my back on his laughter. 

“Our officials will take care of the terrorist and we will make sure anyone who needs anything will get it.” 

I nodded to Mircea to make it clear he would be in charge of  that and then I made my way over to my brother and Declan. 

Chapter 21

The music was started again and the clubbers miraculously went back to their dancing, flirting and drinking. I let out a sigh of relief. But that was always the way with people they only ever saw what they wanted to see. Anything that was too weird to be real and they rather believe that it really was their imagination, not that Kevin and Declan would ever be as sensible as to believe that. And then my eyes met my brothers and Declan’s and I realised the night was not over yet. 

Crap Crap Crap! 

Now that the adrenaline had left my system and I really looked at the two people who I had been closest too my whole life, I realised that I had scared them both sh*tless. For the first time in my life I did not know how to start a conversation with either of them. 

I let out a breath thought the quicker I got this over with the better. Like ripping a band aid off. 

“Girls,” I nodded to the two frightened dolls beside Kev and Dec, “take a hike.” 

The girls squealed in fear and scampered as far away from me as possible. 

I looked back at Dec and Kev for a while trying to figure out what they were thinking. 

“Lets get out of here.” I finally said on a sigh and turned to leave the club. 

I didn’t look back to see if either one of them was following me, I don’t think I could have handled looking at either one of them at the moment. Part of me wished that they wouldn’t follow me so that I wouldn’t have  to deal with the conversation we were going to have to have.