Safe

Have you ever screamed or cried for so long that your head hurt? Well that's what you were feeling now, except a lot lot worse. You couldn't bare to open your eyes, but you took a deep breath in with a rattle from your chest. Your memory was impaired, you've always done this, forced bad memories out of your head, but it was impressive even to yourself that you could do it while nocked out cold.

After a few minutes of convincing yourself, you forced yourself to open your eyes and wake up. As soon as you did rays of golden struck your eyes and overflowed your head, you wiggled and squirmed in discomfort, but you kept your eyes open. After a few minutes your eyes adjusted to the brightness and you scanned the room. You were laid in multi coloured blankets with a silky white pillow, but you were on the floor...in a tent.
"Try not to move so my deer," spoke a lady in a soft voice "DUTCH SHE'S AWAKE!"
You scrunched up your face due to the sudden volume change in the lady's voice, when suddenly a man came into view, you recognised him, he was one of the men who saved you.
"How are we holding up?" He asked concernedly while crouching down in front of the tent
"She'll be fine she just needs a few days to rest. The inflammation has died down and she'll be right as rain in no time." Answered the lady for you
"Thank you." You butted in while you had the chance and they both looked at you in shock
"For what?" Answered the man
"For saving me."
"Well you're more than welcome." He replied with a smile, got up and left. The lady following him. Leaving you alone with your thoughts. You were still very confused and scared, what happened to the farm? What happened to the men who took you? Many questions raced through your head, but you pushed them away as your eyes fell heavy and you knew you needed sleep. As the warm smell of soup cooking in the distance filtered through your nose, you gripped your blankets and closed your eyes before slipping away, deep into your dreams.