|Real Life|

I paced back and forth in the bathroom as bit my nail anxiously. Dylan took the twins out for ice cream with Daniel and Shelley while I stayed home.

Sadie was laying on the floor and she could obviously sense how anxious I am. I couldn't help it. My period is two months late. I know that Dylan and I have talked about having another kid but I didn't think it would happen so soon. I just took the test since the house was empty. I didn't wanna get Dylan's hopes up just in case I'm not really pregnant.

I heard the timer go off and I went to check the tests. My hand came up to my mouth and my eyes welled up as I looked at them.

I'm pregnant.

"Oh my god." I breathed out and put a hand on my stomach. Obviously I'm happy and honestly excited to add another addition to the family. Dylan's birthday is coming up so I'll probably tell him then.

I kneeled down in front of Sadie who sat up and walked over to me. I showed her the test as if she would know what it is.

"Momma's having another baby." I smiled.

- - -

Dylan got home with the twins and I already hid the tests where he wouldn't find them. I walked down the stairs and my babies ran over to me.

"You guys have fun today?" I asked with a smile.

"Dada got us ice cweam!" Liam exclaimed happily. Dylan walked by and wiped a hand on his forehead.

"These two are a lot of work." he said dramatically making the twins laugh. I smile knowing it was gonna be three soon.

"Good job. Now he'll be too tired to annoy mommy." I whispered to Liam and Leilani. Dylan gasped and picked me up. He threw me over his shoulder and started walking towards the living room.

"Ah! Dylan!" I smacked at his back as the twins chased after us.

"Dada got mama!" Liam shouted at Sadie who ran up beside him.

Dylan ran to the couch and tossed me onto it before crawling on top of me. We were both laughing when the twins came and jumped on Dylan.

"Oh you guys are heavy." I groaned from underneath them.

Our two kids were in a fit of giggles as they pulled on Dylan.

"Woah, I thought we were attacking mommy?" Dylan asked.

"No they love mommy and they're gonna attack daddy for attacking mommy, right?" I raised my brows at my kids.

"Yeah!" they tackled Dylan onto the floor. 

I watched with a smile as Dylan flipped the two onto the floor and tickled their stomachs like crazy.

I can't wait to have another kid.

- - -

A week later and it's Dylan's birthday! 

A few of our friends, my brothers, and Dylan's family are over at our house for a barbecue. His parents and sister drove out here early this morning.

The twins, Dylan, Tyler, Sprayberry, and my brothers were currently jumping on the trampoline.  I was watching my kids very carefully to make sure they didn't get hurt. I can't help it.

I'm sitting on the back patio with Lisa and Julia, Dylan's mom and sister, Shelley, Holland, and Crystal while Dylan's dad Patrick cooks stuff on the grill.

"Have you and Dylan ever thought of having another baby?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah actually." I smiled. Lisa and Julia raised their brows. "I think he wants another boy but I need another girl. Those two are enough." they all laughed a little.

"Mama!" I turned around and saw Leilani running towards me.

"What's up baby?" 

"Look." she held up her hand and I saw a little ladybug on it. "I caught it."

"Good job." I laughed.

"I gonna go show berry!" she said happily. I laughed at what she calls Sprayberry and she ran off again.

"God I miss having little ones running around." Lisa sighed.

"Those twins must be a lot of work." Holland laughed.

"Eh, mostly just Leilani because she's sassy as hell." I said making them laugh. "Liam's honestly the easiest child ever. Well to me but he barely listens to Dylan."

"I heard that!" Dylan called from the trampoline.

"Good!"

- - -

Later that night after Liam and Leilani went to sleep all us adults were outside around the firepit.

"Okay, Dylan I got you something." I said.

"Babe, I told you I didn't want anything for my birthday." he told me. I waved him off and grabbed the gift back from beside my chair.

"Shut up. You're gonna love this." I passed the bag to him and he sighed.

He started pulling the tissue paper out as everyone watched. I nervously bounced my foot as Dylan pulled out the onesie.

He furrowed his brows in confusion while some of our friends gasped

He furrowed his brows in confusion while some of our friends gasped. He pulled out the other things and froze when he read the pregnancy tests.

My smile grew as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wha-- you-- you're pregnant?" he asked hopefully. I nodded with a smile and he stood up and wrapped me in his arms. I cupped the back of his head as he lifted me off the ground.

All of our friends and family laughed and clapped as Dylan pulled away to look at me with teary eyes.

"We're having another baby?" he asked as he put a hand on my stomach. 

I nodded. "Yep. Baby number three."

He laughed and connected our lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

- - -