The Shy Girl Has a Gun.

Trailer at the side curtesy of dayna_emily! Thank you so much!

--

It’s amazing how much your life can change so suddenly.

Take my life for example, when I was 16 years old I was in high school worrying about mindless things that teenage girls think is crucial in their lives like the amount of spots that I had, gaining too much weight, did that boy like me or was he just using me for one thing etc.

Now I am 19, and the only thing I worry about is if I will live to see tomorrow.

This change happened on a day that I thought was going to be exactly the same as any other. I was 16 years old. The day went by like usual. Getting through school whilst trying to stay awake throughout my many excruciating boring lessons, not drawing too much attention to myself and hanging out with my best friends Holly and Chelsea.

My friends and probably anyone else you asked would describe me as a happy-go-lucky girl. The majority of the time I was laughing or smiling.

Life’s too short. Take things as a joke, laugh at them and don’t think twice.

I had been best friends with Holly and Chelsea since we were kids. They were more like my sisters than my friends. They were both exactly the same when it came to personality, as they were both girly girls. However, they were not your stereotypical whores with too much foundation. Holly did play the field a little, but that was only because she enjoyed sex. That was her excuse anyway. Chelsea had a long term boyfriend called Dylan, and I could tell they were very much in love.

Dylan also had a best friend who hung out with us most of the time called Jace Dixon.

Now, he was about as complicated as my life got at the time. We had a thing a few months back, but due to the fact he was a complete arrogant obnoxious asshole it didn’t work out because I found out he had cheated on me with his current girlfriend and whore, Gina.

I was heartbroken. I felt things for Jace I had never felt before in my life, he was one of the only people I felt comfortable being myself with and not have to worry about being judged. I could be as loud as I wanted and not feel like I had to blend into the background. He made me laugh like no one else could, and could send my heart racing by just looking at me.

Unfortunately, he couldn’t keep his player dick in his pants so everything messed up. We split up and we were at each other’s throats 24/7.

A few weeks after we split up, we came to the understanding that we had to try and put up with each other because we had the same group of friends so we bit our tongues and swallowed our pride, and attempted to get along. After a lot of practice, I could actually stand to be in the same room as him. We managed to go back to how it was before, laughing and joking with each other, being able to tell each other things that we did not feel comfortable telling anyone else.

Basically, we were friends again.

The only problem was the inescapable sexual tension between us.

We tried to avoid it, but it was hard when he would accidently brush his leg against mine, or we were alone somewhere and my body was basically screaming out for him to touch me. One night after a few too many drinks at Dylan’s house, we hooked up. I didn’t feel guilty because he was with Gina, at the end of the day she fucked me over by sleeping with him when I was dating him and showed no remorse, so why should I?

We carried on hooking up after that behind her back. The only people that knew about it were Dylan, Chelsea and Holly, and I knew it wouldn’t come out of any of their mouths. Mine and Jace’s relationship was weird, we’d hook up and the next day we would go back to being friends, it wasn’t awkward between us.