CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.

Spotting the pastries, Liliya's face turned into a grin. Her hands swaying by her side as she kicked the door closed. After the near death experience the previous night, she felt better. The dizziness was gone and she finally felt like she could breathe again. The night with Aleksander had been nice, even when she woke up from a nightmare, he comforted her in his own way.

Liliya was just glad to see Genya and spotted the redhead sat on Liliya's bed, flicking aimlessly through a book. She didn't even look up until Liliya had snatched the bag of pastries and strolled over to the edge of the bed.

"Ignoring me?" Liliya asked, cocking an eyebrow. Genya looked up from the book and placed it on the side before shuffling over next to Liliya.

"No. I was waiting," Genya explained. Liliya nodded and then opened the bag of pastries. She pulled one out for Genya and the other for herself, taking a bite out of it. Her legs swinging, skimming across the wooden floor. Genya took the pastry and took a bite,.

"Good," Liliya said, nodding before she added, "How are you?" It felt like so long since the two had last spoken. In reality, it had only been two days before but it was still strange. Liliya had felt so disconnected from Genya but she knew it would get better. Once the Sun Summoner was found, it would all get better and they could continue with their lives. She could be around Genya more and just enjoy the redhead's company.

"Exhausted. But you look awful," Genya commented rather blatantly. Liliya scoffed and let her body fall back before she took a bite out of the pastry. She let her hands rest against her stomach for a moment before swallowing the food.

"Being poisoned will do that to you," Liliya responded. Her hand twitched at her words but she reminded herself that everything was fine. She drank the concoction and slept all night. She had done exactly what the healer had told her to do.

"What?" Genya asked as she turned her body around to face Liliya. Her jaw dropping slightly. Liliya quickly realising that nobody had been told about that yet. She sat back up and took a bite out of the pastry.

Once she had swallowed it, she began to explain, "Someone poisoned me. We think it was in the food so Ale-Kirigan is checking. He will probably stop me from leaving the Little Palace." A small frown spread across Liliya's face at the last bit. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck at the Little Palace all over again. It had take her long enough just to convince Aleksander that she could leave and that had been with conditions.

"Isn't that a good thing?"Genya asked, noticing the frown that appeared. Liliya shrugged and then moved to sit against the headboard. Still eating her pastry as she looked at Genya. The redhead then moving to sit next to her. The two just enjoying each other's company in the silence while Liliya tried to formulate what she was thinking.