Chapter 27

Fanfic: Empire Ch 27, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: 110 reviews?! Seriously, this is freaking amazing! Thank you so much you guys! I'm sure if you even read these little notes you're probably sick of me saying thank you by now, but THANK YOU! I spend hours working on these chapters and when I get a review it makes it all worth it! Or if I'm having a bad writing day I'll reread some of your reviews and they always pull me out of my funk. I love you all and you all deserve hugs and loads of happiness in your life!

Also, I know this note is long, but I like to help other writers out from time to time and I just read a story called 'Apples' by PurchasedByFools and it's simply amazing! It's a GG fic Chuck/OC as well. GO READ AND FOLLOW IT! :) You won't be disappointed!

Without further ado....

Chapter 27

Chuck's Point of View

The majority of my Spring Break was spent bonding with my soon to be step-brother Eric, despite Serena's attempts to thwart our every plan. She should be glad little Eric has someone like me to guide him properly in this fucked up world we all live in. I needed someone to hang out with too since Nate is still in his pouting phase. We haven't spoken since our big throw down in front of the school three weeks ago. I figured he'd be pissed off, sure. But, his silence has become deafening. Then there's Lux...

When I'd arrived at The Waldorf's and Blair informed me that Lux was fleeing New York, I honestly didn't know how to feel about it. My mind spun and somehow I just couldn't let her go. I'll admit I was a total dick to her and may have felt the slightest ounce of remorse for the cruel thing's I said to her and outing her sexual history to the entire school. If she knew I was behind the Gossip Girl blast that went viral I'm pretty sure she'd have me killed or do it herself. She's been in hiding since she decided to stay. Not one spotting of her out and about in the past three weeks. I could still taste her lips on mine and found myself thinking of her constantly...What the hell is wrong with me? I can have any girl in New York at the snap of my fingers, but yet no one else seems to even compare to her or what we shared...

The Bass's and the Van Der Woodsen's have officially blended our households together. We'd moved into the Van Der Woodsen's newly renovated fully furnished penthouse two weeks ago. I have to admit, if only to my-self it was nice having everyone around. It beat spending my nights in seclusion in my suite at The Palace.

Although, I'm not exactly sure how we are all supposed to coexist with one another. I'm looking forward to the merging of our two families and all of the adventures that it may bring. With that said, I decided to wonder upstairs into Serena's bathroom and smoke the joint that has been calling my name since I crawled out of bed this morning. Making my way through the stacks of cardboard moving boxes that have become her room I slid the wooden doors open to her bathroom and turned the water on in the shower before perching myself up onto her vanity. I'm almost surprised no one mentioned the mouthwatering aroma of the joint that had been resting in the pocket of my suit jacket. This shit was rank, which meant it would be good. Steam from the shower filled the bathroom as I lit the joint and took a few drags off of it, breathing the smoke into my probably already destroyed lungs. There's a saying I try like hell to live by, 'Inhale the good shit and exhale the bullshit.' The mirror fogged up from the steam hiding my reflection as I eyed all of Serena's beauty products lining the granite counter top. What the hell does she look like without of this shit? A faint knock on the bathroom door caused me to look up and over to the door.

"Is someone in there? I hear the shower running! Chuck is that you? I swear to god!" Serena yelled from the other side of the door, continuing to pound her dainty freshly manicure hand on the door. I laughed as I took another hit off my joint.