about one direction

WOW I CNT BELIVE IM AMOST FINISHED WITH THISS STORY , WE ALL KNOW ABOUT ONE DIRECTION BUT THIS IS A CATCHUP, I HAVE GATHERD ALL OF THIS FROM THE INTERNET AND I DONT OWN THIS INFO.

British-Irish male vocal group whose stylish good looks and bright pop-rock sound young fans around the world in the early 2010s. The members were Niall Horan (b. September 13, 1993, Mullingar, County Westmeath, Ireland), Zayn Malik (b. January 12, 1993, Bradford, , England), Liam Payne (b. 29, 1993, Wolverhampton, , England), Harry Styles (b. February 1, 1994, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England), and Louis Tomlinson (b. December 24, 1991, Doncaster, , England).

The group formed in 2010 on the British television show The X Factor, a talent contest for aspiring singers. Each of the five members auditioned and originally competed as a solo performer, but early in the season they were advised to pool their talents. Taking the name One Direction, the boys—all were between 16 and 18 years old at the time—attracted substantial attention, especially from young female viewers, for their stage presence and vocal skills. Although One Direction ultimately fell short of winning on The X Factor, the show's mastermind, , offered the act a recording contract soon after the season ended.

In the tradition of earlier pop-music "boy bands," One Direction was promoted as a set of teen idols who were musically compatible but also distinct in style and personality. After building its fan base in early 2011 by touring the with fellow The X Factor contestants, the group entered the recording studio. The resulting album, Up All Night (2011), filled with cheerily harmonized pop songs about carefree revelry, first-time heartbreak, and other adolescent concerns, was an immediate hit both at home and in other European and Commonwealth countries. Its popularity was fueled in part by the song "What Makes You Beautiful," a buoyant empowerment anthem that topped the British and Irish singles charts and in early 2012 was named best British single at the Brit Awards (the British equivalent of the ).

ALBUMS

UP ALL NIGHT

TAKE ME HOME

MIDNIGHT MEMORIES

FOUR

MADE.IN.THE.AM

ABOUT THE ALBUMS

UP ALL NIGHT

The debut album from one direction  . It was first released on November 2011 in Ireland and the United Kingdom, through  syco Records. It was later released in North America, through coloumbia records . The album was released in various  editions , ranging from the standard thirteen songs to a souvenir editions with 18 tracks.

One Direction became the first U.K group to debut at #1 in the united states of america   with their debut album, a Guinness World Record the band still holds as of 2016.

up all Night was the third best selling album of 2012 globally, selling 4.5 million copies and reaching #1 in sixteen countries. The album debuted at number on the US Billboard 200, selling 176,000 copies in its first week. One Direction became the first U.K. group ever to debut at number one in united states  the with their first album, a Guinness World Record the band still holds as of 2016. As of August 2015, the album has sold over 2.5 million copies in the United States.

The album debuted at number two on  united kingdom the charts on 27 November 2011, selling 138,631 copies, and becoming the UK's fastest-selling debut album of 2011, as well as the fastest selling album of 2011 to miss out on number one  . Up All Night also became the fifteenth best selling album in the UK of 2012, with sales of 372,000 copies. It was certified double platinum by the British Phonographic Industry on 15 February 2013. As of November 2014, the album has sold 1,086,434 copies in the UK. It was the tenth biggest selling album in 2011, in Ireland. In Australia, the album topped the ARIA Charts for five weeks, and was certified 5 times platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association. In New Zealand, the album topped New Zealand Albums Chart for three weeks, and was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand.