Chapter 67

"What's with the celebration?" I asked nervously as everyone began drinking and shouting.

  "They..." Torappu grabbed an arm with the other and looked to the ground with a far-off gaze. "They thought you were dead." Their eyes met mine. "I thought you were dead."

  "We all did," Ezra said as she approached us. "I was the only one who wasn't sad about it, though..." She paused for a moment. "Why are you smiling at me like that?" She scowled.

  "It's nothing."

  "You're lying." I wanted to tell her I knew, but I decided against it.

  "Tsk." She clicked her tongue as she held her clipboard firmly to her chest and turned her gaze. "Seriously. How could anyone miss you? You're so damn annoying."

  "I missed you too, Ice Queen," I laughed softly. I watched her cheeks flush red softly before she turned and walked away without another word.

  "Total Tsundere." I grinned, my eyes glowing softly. "I will make her cave."

  "Ow!" I grabbed my side, where Nia punched me. "What was that for?" I asked. Her tail flicked violently under my coat, and her pupils narrowed as she stared at me.

  "I'll always be your favorite, right?" She asked, a low growl vibrating in her throat.

  "That's the dumbest question you've ever asked me," I laughed as I rested a hand on her head. "You know how I feel about cat girls. You especially." She smiled, and her growl turned into a purr.

  "I reign supreme, right?"

  "Alwa-HEY!" I shouted as Torappu forced my neck to the side.

  "No...nonono! This can't be!" They turned my gaze to meet theirs. "How could you!" They cried, tears forming in their eyes.

  "W-What?" I asked nervously, a sweat bead appearing on my cheek.

  "You let her mark your neck. And my favorite side, too! Here, I'll get rid of i-" My hand grabbed their wrist firmly.

  "Don't you dare." My yellow eyes glowed as I looked down at them. Nia purred as she wrapped her arms around me and pressed a finger to the scar.

  "Hehe," she snickered as she rested her chin on my shoulder. "He made the choice. He wanted it. He wanted me." Torappu’s face scrunched in anger with each sentence Nia spoke. "This side is off limits. But it's okay." She reached around and poked the other side of my neck. "You can have this side." I watched as both their pupils narrowed like snakes as they stared at each other.

  "H-Hey. Calm do-" 

  "Fine!" Torappu grabbed me and pulled me towards them. "If she marked that side as hers so no other Beastkin would mess with you, then I'll mark this side as mine so no other Vampire slut can drink from you!"

  "I don't know any other V-AHHAHAHAA! IT HURTS! IT-Ohhh God. It feels so good." My vision blurred. I had forgotten that Vampires released an aphrodisiac when they drank.

  "Mmm," Torappu moaned as they sucked my blood. They opened their mouth and chomped down once again. "Show hood," their speech was slurred as they drank. They let me go finally after a moment. "There." They smiled as they wiped the blood from their mouth. "All done."

  "Mmmm." I groaned as I rubbed my neck. The wound they had left healed soon after.

  "Heh," Nia grinned. "I guess even his body knows that it's me that owns him, not you." The two hissed at each other until I stepped between them.