Chapter 40

Your Pov

....Timeskip...

I am currently walking toward the library when I see Ciel and Sebastian heading toward the front door. I peer over the balcony and Ciel looks up at me and waves me down. I quickly walk around and stand in front of him.

"Where are you off to?" I ask and he peer up at Sebastian and the back at me.

"I have some business to take care of in town, nothing major. Would you like me to pick you up anything while I am out?" Ciel asked and I fumbled my thumbs.

"No, But, do be careful on your journey." I replied and Ciel smiled. He then walked toward the carriage and Sebastian turned towards me. I placed my hands behind my back and looked up at him.

"Do, try and not to run off this time. If you need anything just tell me." Sebastian smiled and I gave him a fake smile in return.

"I'll try." I replied and he rubbed his forehead and walked toward the carriage, leaving me behind. Once they were off in the distance I smirked and let out a small laugh. I walked back to the manor and saw Tanaka waiting for me in the main lobby.

"I know that face, what are you up to, young lady?" Tanaka asked and I turned and smiled.

"Oh nothing." I waved and started to walk away but Tanaka cleared his throat.

"You know, I was looking for the house key somewhere, I think the last time I saw it was in the kitchen, my old age is getting the best of me." Tanka laughed and winked at me.

"Right, I understand, you truly are one of a kind Tanaka." I replied and he laughed and walked away. I then walked toward the kitchen and saw the key left on the countertop. I grabbed it and walked off. I then walked down the halls and then paused. 'I just had the best idea.' I thought and walked toward the famous butler's room. I stopped outside his bedroom door and put the key into the lock.

click

I turned the knob and entered the room. Everything was neat, as to be expected. I could tell that he hasn't even touched his bed, the sheets were crisp, like they've just been washed. I then walked over to his desk and brushed my fingers against the wood. There wasn't any dust and all of the pens and inks were organized. I then started to place my hand underneath the desk when I felt a bump. I crouched down and saw there was a key hole engraved underneath. 'I highly doubt this is the same.' I thought and tried the key anyway. But, alas my prediction came true.

That's when I saw something run by the window and then it was burst open. I quickly got out from under the desk. I saw a tall man with short grey hair. I looked up at him and he looked down at me with wide eyes. He came over and held out his hand and I grabbed it.

"What are you doing in here?" he asked and pulled me up and I brushed off my dress.

"I could ask you the same question, mister?" I asked and he placed his hand against his chest and bowed.

"You can call me, Ace." He replied and smiled. You had to admit this person was bad to look at.

"Right, anyway 'Ace' why are you here?" I asked and head crossed his arms and tapped his right foot.

"Well, I came her to drop a message. But, it seems he's not here so..." Ace said and started walking toward the window.

"Hey wait a second." I said and he ignored me and hoped out the window. I then went after him and he looked back at me in surprise.

"Girl, quite following me." Ace replied and started to run at an inhuman speed. I then quickened my pace and ran next to him. He looked over and I noticed his eyes were glowing white. I looked at him with amazement.

"Hey, where are you going? Let's talk." I replied and flashed my eyes. I noticed his face begin to panic.

"You shouldn't be following me, you going to get me in trouble!" He shouted and rubbed his face.

"Why is that?!" I shouted and he ran off again. I then quickened my pace one more time and jumped out in front of him, tackling him to the ground. I looked down at him and glared. I noticed he was looking off to the side.

"Talk." I replied in a low morphed voice.

"Sorry, no. Despite what you are and who you're mated with. You are far less frightening than what he is." Ace replied and I looked off to the side.

"You are talking about Sebastian. That's who you were going to talk too?" I replied and he gulped.

"Listen, why don't you let me go and I won't say a word." Ace replied and I squinted my eyes.

"Why do your eyes glow white?" I asked and he tilted his head and sighed.

"Fine, but, if I answer your question, then will you let me go?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm not a high ranking demon, I am considered a messenger of sorts. Got it?" Ace replied and I got off him and we both stood up. Ace brushed off his clothes and then reached into his jacket.

"Why don't you just give him the later, it will save me the trip and torment." Ace replied and gave me the letter.

"Wha-"

"Alright then, bye!" He said and disappeared. I looked down at the letter and noticed that it had a small raven stamped on the back.