35

Zach's POV

After the little moment I had with Bri I went back up to my room to grab my wallet and keys since I already have my phone.

"Alright guys, I'm heading out. I'll see you in a few hours." I said to the boys who were all standing in the kitchen still.

"Alright man, love you. See you later." Jonah said giving me a hug.

"Love you too." I said. I gave the others a hug before leaving.

The drive over was different. I didn't play any music, I didn't have the windows down. It was just silent, and I was in my thoughts.

When I arrived, I walked straight inside. I heard my mom in the kitchen, so that's where I went.

"Hey hun." She said when she saw me walk in.

"Hey momma." I softly said back while giving her a hug. It lasted for a few minutes. We were just rocking back and forth.

When we pulled away, she saw the few tears that escaped my eyes. She wiped them away as her eyes glossed over with tears too.

"I miss her momma." I whispered.

"Oh baby, I miss her too. We all do." She said pulling me in for another hug. And that was it. I broke down.

"Why her? Why couldn't it have been me? I'd do anything to hold her again, and to have her back. I miss her so damn much. I just wish I could at least see her and hug her one more time." I cried into my moms shoulder.

"I know hun. I know." She said back. I could tell she was crying too now.

"I'm sorry, I'm a wreck." I said after a few minutes. We pulled away from the hug.

"Zachary don't you dare say sorry. We're all wrecks today. You father is currently with Ryan in his room right now because Ryan was having a hard time as well. We all miss her so much. So don't you ever say sorry okay?"

"Okay. I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Now go see your brother, both of you need to see each other right now." She told me. I nodded and made my way to his room.

The door was open so I stood in the doorway for a few seconds. My dad was hugging Ryan, both were crying.

I lightly knocked on the door and they both looked up. They immediately smiled when they saw me standing there. My dad got up and gave me a hug.

"He needs you right now, and I know you need him. You both know what the other is going through since you're obviously siblings. Talk to him." My dad whispered in my ear. I nodded to him before we pulled out of the hug and he walked out of the room leaving Ryan and me.

"Hey." I said looking over to him. I walked over to his bed and sat next to him.

"Hey." He said back.

"How are you holding up?" I asked.

"Not great. I just miss her Zach. I wish she was still here, being her adorable and annoying self."

"I know. I know that it hurts so much. But we can't do anything about it anymore Ry. She's here in spirit, I know it. We just need to look at the positives." I told him.

"How are you so positive and strong right now?" He asked me.

"To be honest. I'm not. I'm just saying this stuff so you'll be positive about everything. On the inside I'm broken. And nothing can fix it. Everyday I miss her more and more, and I wish it was me in that car accident. I wish I was in that hospital bed, and I wish it was me who flat-lined." I told him. By now tears were running down both of our faces.

"I love you." Ryan told me, pulling me in for a hug.

"I love you too." I said back. We sat there for about five minutes before pulling away.

"Lets head downstairs, okay?" I asked. He nodded, we both got up and headed downstairs.

We all sat in the kitchen and talked until everyone started to arrive. The first people here were the boys with Bri. They said Bri couldn't wait to come over so they left a few minutes early.

Next was Jack's family. Then Jonah's, and then the Corbyn and Daniel's families arrived at the same time.

Just like every year everyone came up to my family to give us all hugs. I held my tears in not wanted to cry in front of everyone.

"Hey Zachy?" Bri said coming up to me.

"Whats up Bri?" I asked her while picking her up.

"Nothing, I just wanted you to hold me." Brianna said. I just laughed at her.

"You are something else." I told her.

I was just talking to Brianna while everyone else was talking amongst eachother. Brianna and I kept joking around which was nice since it took my mind off of everything else.

Daniel's POV

I watched as Brianna and Zach kept talking and laughing. It brought a smile to my face knowing Zach was still having a good time besides the fact of what day it is.

"They really have a great bond." I heard Myta say.

"Yeah." I replied smiling at her.

"Y'know, even though you guys kinda had to adopt Brianna, I'm really happy you did. I think she's had a good impact on not only Zach, but all of you boys." Myta told me.

"Thank you Myta. I'm happy we adopted her too." I said. I talked with Myta for a little longer until it was time to eat.

We all sat around the house, some of us in the kitchen, some of us in the living room, and a few people went outside. (A/N: I don't know about anyone else, but thats how my family gathering are, is everyone is just around the house somewhere when we eat)

After a few hours when it now dark we all sat in the living room talking or watching TV.

"Where are Zach and Brianna?" Kristen, Jack's mom asked. That caught the attention of everyone.

"Probably outside for their daily cloud watching or star gaze. In this case, star gaze." Jack said.

"Daily?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, they always go outside at some time of the day and either look at the clouds or the stars. Depends what time of day it is. It's just something they do." Jonah shrugged.

"Thats adorable. I never knew that." My mom said. Everyone else agreed as well. Soon after we heard a scream come from outside where Zach and Bri were. We all quickly went to the sliding door to see Zach chasing Brianna around the yard, both with huge smiles on their face.

We watched them for a few more seconds before heading back to sit down again. We continued talking until slowly everyone started leaving.

That night back at our house, Bri slept with Zach, not wanting to leave his side after the fun day they had.

_________________________________________

1195 words.

Thanks for reading! Kinda weird ending but it's alright.

Also! Next chapter is going to be a little different, so watch out for that one!