Rosé ☆ Must've Been The Wind

Comenzar desde el principio

Something clearly isn't right.

Just as you open your mouth to assure her that she has nothing to apologize for, you see it.

A bruise -- harsh designs of purple against her fair skin -- peeking out of one of the sleeves of her sweater. It's in the shape of a handprint -- like someone grabbed her violently.

Your chest tightens at the realization, and you're momentarily rendered speechless.

"I'm sorry," she repeats, bowing lightly as she starts to back away, "I've gotta get going now." With that, your first encounter with the woman is over before it even really had the chance to begin. You stand there for a second as the gravity of the situation sinks in, and you wonder if she's a resident here, too. If she is, you vow to befriend her and make sure she's alright.

----

"Took you long enough," your friend jokes, sitting up to greet you as you walk through the door. Upon seeing the troubled look on your face, though, their smile drops.

"What's wrong, dude?"

"I saw a woman when I was getting our snacks. She had a bruise on her arm; I think someone's hurting her."

You've seen enough movies and tv to know the signs of abuse, and it's a no brainer in this case.

"People get bruises all the time, Y/N. Are you sure?" They ask, walking with you towards the kitchen to unpack the bags.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure. It looked like a handprint."

Their eyes widen a bit, and you scowl, clenching your jaw a few times. If there's anything you hate in this world, it's abusers.

"Does she live here?"

"I'm not sure. I'm gonna keep an eye out for her, though."

They nod in agreement, both of you silently processing the situation. You hope to see her again soon.

Friday, 9:37 PM

"Yeah mom, I promise I'm alright. I just settled in to do some work, actually."

You put your phone in the crook of your neck, making sure to press your cheek against it and prevent it from falling as you rifle through some of the papers on your desk. Your mother continues talking about how much she's going to miss you now that you've moved out, and you just shake your head and smile.

"My baby girl, all grown up," she tuts, likely frowning in the comic, overdramatic way she always does. "What am I supposed to do now? It'll be boring here without you."

"Ah, eomma, stop being sad. You know I can't stand it." You press your lips together in a disappointed scowl, though she can't see you from the other end of the telephone line. "I'll visit often, and we can call everyday. Plus you have dad to keep you entertained while I'm gone."

"Y/N, I love your appa, but sometimes he's as interesting as a wet sock."

The corners of your lips tug up at that, and you have to hold back your laughter.

"I HEARD THAT!" Your father shouts, sounding far away. You hear your mother let out a little scream, clearly not expecting to have been caught. "AHH!"

Both of you snicker together for a moment before she decides to address him again. "Honey, you know I love you."

"Yeah, yeah," he says, his voice coming through clearer as he approaches the phone. "Let me talk to my daughter; she's the only one in this house who thinks I'm interesting."

You can practically see him pouting like a 5 year old, and the familiar interaction warms your heart. You already miss them and it's only been a couple days since you left.