ninety-eight

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER NINETY-EIGHT

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"I think I'm going to stay with Lily over the summer."

"What?"

"I'm going to stay with Lily over the summer."

Cassie and James were sitting in James' empty dormroom as a storm blew outside. The windows rattled while wind and rain attacked them as if the weather was trying to get them to smash. The sky was a dark grey and looked like it was getting darker and darker at each drop of rain that fell from it. Clouds hid the sun from view and casted Hogwarts in a gloomy atmosphere.

More candles and torches were lit around the Castle's ground and a fire roared in every room as they tried to bring back some light and warmth into it. People were cuddled in bundles of blankets and huddled close to friends friends as they all sat inside during the stormy Saturday.

It was now the middle of April and it was just over a week since the incident had happened.

James and Remus were out of the Hospital Wing and they were yet to speak more than one word to Sirius, who was a total wreck and didn't know how to make it better.

Peter was in the middle of it all, just wanting to be a good friend to all of them.

Cassie was trying her hardest to spend an equal amount of time with both of them because she didn't want either James or Sirius to think she was picking sides.

It was all slowly beginning to take a toll on her.

She didn't stop to think about how neither of them would have thought that in the first place.

They both knew how much Cassie loved both of them and would never put her in a position when she had to pick one or the other.

"You what?"

James' head was quick to snap in the direction that Cassie was sitting.

He was sitting on his own bed and was resting some parchment on a thick book as he scribbled down what Cassie assumed was prank ideas for the final term of school that was quickly approaching.

Cassie was in the bed next to him, Sirius' bed. She had her legs crossed as she read her muggle studies book for what must've been the second time that month.

Cassie let out a small snort as she slowly shook her head, but she didn't shift her gaze from her book.

"Fucking hell, Bambi, you need your ears checked."

James didn't chuckle, and he repeated himself yet again.

"What?"

Cassie looked up from her book and met James' eyes with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm going to stay at Lily's for the summer."

James shook his head slowly.

"Good joke." He said, but his voice didn't show any humour - nor did the look on his face.