Part 11(i): You do NOT mess with the Ana

I was still irritated when I reached my dorm room. Okay. Mildly irritated. Who could get annoyed with Aryan? That's right. I could. Yes, I'm annoyed. Extremely.

I am extremely annoyed. I am extremely annoyed. 

I keep repeating the same four words as I made my way back. It wasn't until I was about to open the door that the door opened suddenly, by itself, knocking me to the ground. I guess my second week of university would also be spent sporting a lump on my head. I just hope it's smaller than a tennis ball. Before I could get 'What the fuck!?' out of my mouth, two hands gripped me on the shoulders and started shaking me harshly. And then the crazed yelling began, "You bitch, how dare you sell out my crack supplier!!??" 

Cricket-ball sized lump on the head, a literal shake-down like one of those piri-piri french fries packets, and incessant yelling about crack dealers. There was only one way to handle this.

Ninja-style.

I drew back on of my fists and puched right where I thought the perp's face would be, satisfied to hear a sickening crunch. But almost in tears because of the pain. The perp's face was like a wall. Suddenly, I was let go. HA! Serves the asshole right. You do not mess with the Ana.

I opened my eyes to see a very shocked Viha whose hand was on her nose. A nose which was a very broken, and bloody. My eyes widened in shock. I punched my bestie. Her eyes started watering as she scrunched up her nose, or rather, tried to. I saw her flinch in pain and give me an accusing look. I felt guilty. I really did. But she asked for it. I mean, who in their right mind bangs the door in a friend's face and gives them the 'ol shakedown, simultaneously accusing said friend of being a drug dealer?

Wait wut?

I frowned, "What on earth were you doing?" Viha rolled her eyes at me. I couldn't hold in my smile at that, only Viha would act like she was the queen of the world, with a broken and bloody nose. "I was practising my acting, you ass." She replied petulantly, glaring daggers at me. I was pretty sure she was stabbing me over and over again in her mind.

"I'm stabbing you again and again in my mind right now. With awesomely scary background music." 

I gave her a full-blown grin at that. I couldn't help it. Our telepathy knew no bounds. Suddenly there was a stinging sensation on my cheek. I looked at her in surprise. She'd slapped me, and by the looks of my beet-red cheek, she slapped me hard. "Don't look so surprised. You brought that on yourself." I simply nodded, feeling too guilty. "Where did you learn to punch like that?" She asked, with an undertone of grudging respect. I smiled guiltily, "I'm a black belt." Her eyes widened and her face morphed from pissed to impressed. 

"Remind me never to piss you off." Came another deeper voice. I could recognise that voice anywhere. It was the voice's owner I had committed to stalk. Yes, I took my stalking jobs seriously. I remember my first stalking job. It was for my friend back in college. She'd had a huge crush on this senior. To be fair, he wasn't bad on the eyes. So, she really wanted to know whether he was already in a relationship, and of course she couldn't ask him directly. That would be too easy. No, she made us follow him throughout the day. With black hoodies on. We flat-out refused to paint stripes on our faces. The guy freaked out and ran like his ass was on fire. 

I turned around to find the twins and Ayan. Viha shifted uncomfortably. I guess she wasn't happy that they arrived just in time to see her broken nose. Though I have to say it was kind of an improvement from her usual weirdly shaped nose. Anyway, I kind of hid her behind me and went, "Hey. What are you guys doing here?" Ayan was quick to counter it with, "Why is she hiding behind you?" "She isn't hiding. You just have a pretty bad eyesight. Time to visit the opthalmologist, I think!" Yes, coming up with good lies at the nick of the moment is NOT my forte.

Ayan gave me the 'seriously?' look. Viha placed her forehead on my back at that. Why on earth was she so uncomfortable? Ayan just shook his head, "We were thinking of heading over to this Indian restaurant. Wanna come with?" I really wanted to. Man, I missed Indian food. "No, not today. someoth-" "Yeah. Let's go." Interrupted Viha, in a hoarse voice. Huh. That was weird.

She finally stood up and I distinctly heard two gasps. When I looked up, I saw that Aryan hadn't gasped, just widened his eyes. I turned to look at Viha instead, guilt gnawing at me. Her teeth were clenched as she brought her head down to look at me, "Doctor first?" I nodded immediately.

We made our way to the medic as the three guys went to call on the others. The medic was a sweet old lady who spoke with a southern twang. It was kind of interesting listening to her. Like a live TV show, considering we'd never really heard that type of accent for real. As we were returning back, I looked at her profile sideways, her nose was covered with gauze and the white cloth-thingie, I think. I opened my mouth to apologize when she suddenly said, "No, it's okay. I guess it was partly my fault. Emphasis on partly. But you pack a mean punch." I bounced forward and stood in front of her, grinning broadly. "I pack a mean punch?" I asked, amused as hell. She just laughed, "It was in some movie. I don't remember which one." "Dude, I miss Bangalore." I confessed, feeling sad suddenly. "Yes-uh? That and all too much drama da. Chill." She replied, stretching out the 'all'. I looked up at her with a face-splittling smile etched on my face. She just smiled at my creepily wide grin. Then we burst out laughing. "Indian food-a. Let's go see if these peoples pack a good dinner, wokay?" I continued, laughing like a lunatic.

It really had been a long time since I'd spoken like that. I think the last time was back in my 2nd or 3rd year of engineering. But that was pretty rare as well. I guess I've always associated that weird way of talking to comfort. It was nice that someone felt the same.

We made our way back talking back and forth the same maddeningly stupid way, all sadness completely forgotten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment, follow and enjoy!

Hope you liked it! 

- QuirkyKatana ;)