CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN.

The carriage moved through the Ravkan countryside and all Liliya could think about was the boy. After her night with Aleksander, they had left Yanovich's manor. They were going back to Os Alta. The boy - as Liliya believed it - was dead. There was no Sun Summoner and her actions had ruined everything. Her stomach twisted with anxiety and her thoughts were eating away at her. Her hands hidden beneath the fabric of her kefta.

Aleksander was sat on the other side of the carriage, gazing off. She would do anything to know exactly what he was thinking but she didn't know. She would never know. He had always been so difficult to read so she turned her gaze back to the passing countryside. Her hands pressed together and her fingers picking at her nails.

"I killed the Boy," Liliya said suddenly. Her words breaking the hour long silence between them. Aleksander turned his head to her and he just stared, taking her in. Her bottom lip was bleeding from how much she had bitten it and her leg was twitching, bouncing. She looked like a nervous wreck with light red marks littered across the skin of her neck.

"You were not the one with the gun," He responded. Liliya sighed and pushed her hands down into her lap. Curling her hands into fists, her nails digging into the palms of her hands. Trying to stop her hands from shaking. Everything was hitting her so fast and she had no idea what she was supposed to do.

"I could have saved him. I could have helped him. I'm the reason he is dead. I killed a child, Aleksander..." Liliya trailed off towards the end. Her voice getting quieter as she turned away. The tears filling her eyes as she bit her lip harshly. There was no point in crying for somebody who was already lost but it didn't stop her.

"It was not the Sun Summoner," He responded as he turned his gaze away. Liliya paused and snapped her head towards him. Her nails digging further into her palm.

"What?" She asked quickly. Her heels being pushed into the bottom of the carriage in an attempt to stop her leg from bouncing. It was even getting on her nerves.

"The real Sun Summoner is still out there but he has no made it back to Shu Han. Roma, Lev and Tomas are still hunting him," Aleksander explained. His words were simple but she felt like she had just been thrown into the ice cold waters of the True Sea. If the real Sun Summoner was still alive then who had been killed? Who had been murdered? Her head was swirling with so many thoughts and she had no idea what she was supposed to think.

"Who did I watch die?" Liliya asked. Aleksander turned to her but didn't say a word. It told her everything she needed to know and she felt sick. Her hand banged against the carriage, signalling that she wanted to stop. It came to a halt and she pushed the door open. Nearly falling on her face as she stepped down onto the dirt. Her hands moved to her kefta and she was quick to pull it off, throwing it to one side. She felt suffocated.

"Milaya," Aleksander said as he moved to slide out of the carriage. He glanced back to the driver who looked less than impressed but they stayed silent. Liliya shook her head and waved her hand, keeping him away. Urging him to keep his distance.