047. jamie diggory

H I R A E T H

 xlvii||jamie diggory

"I haven't been this tired since my Dad woke me up at three in the morning to go to France on a plane." Alyssa grumbles as she slumps into her seat next to Maria in the potions classroom and Maria smiles at her slightly. She'd recently learned a lot about Alyssa, like that despite being best friends with two boys from the most pure blood families, her father is actually a muggle who married a pure-blood witch — Azalea — that was disowned from the Greengrass family a few years before. They hadn't been married when they had Alyssa but William, her father, had said that Alyssa Greengrass sounded much better than Alyssa Knowles.

Alyssa had made it her mission to spend each and every free moment either of the girls had with Maria, which Maria had been constantly thankful for.

"Alyssa, it's the third day back." Maria sighs exasperatedly and Alyssa shrugs.

"I would be a morning person if I actually had something to look forward to." Alyssa states as she pulls her book out of her bag and drops it on the desk with a loud thud. Maria looks at her with agreement before the door opens again after a group of Ravenclaw girls strolled in and there they were.

Stan walks in first, his blonde hair messy as usual and his hands stuffed in his pockets, his brown eyes flickering around the classroom and his tie is half done half just a weird knot — Maria can guess that he usually gets Alyssa to do it properly and almost laughs at the thought.

Then came the one and only, Regulus Black. His green and silver tie not tied but just lazily slung along the back of his neck — something he does quite often — and his robe over his arm and his hair longer and even more tousled than it was when Maria had last spoken to him on that beautiful summer's day. Maria almost swears out loud at how effortlessly he can make almost everyone drool over him, especially her, but Alyssa is having other problems and it doing frantic hand gestures as Stan's face lights up and he begins walking towards them.

"What?" Stan says when he's a few feet away and Alyssa groans exasperatedly before Stan looks between Regulus who's a bit behind him and Maria, his mouth open. "Oh."

"Good morning everyone—oh, Mr Harper, Mr Black? Sit, sit come on." Slughorn says and they go to walk to the other side of the classroom. "Oh—no need for that, sit there with Greengrass and Potter.

"Shit." Stan accidentally blurts before his eyes widen and he shuffles to the seat next to Alyssa and Regulus drops his bag on the ground near the seat next to Maria and pulls it out slowly, his eyes on Maria as he sits down but Maria refuses to look into his eyes.

They've been writing note for a while when Regulus slid a folded piece of parchment over to Maria who sighs and opens it up.

Can we talk?