Chapter 4

Siddharth's POV

I called my brother to inform him that I was coming home. But his phone was switched off.  I looked at my watch, it was just half-past eight.

He must be at home at this time, so I called on the landline but no one picked up the phone.

Where was Bhai??

I had to inform him so I thought of leaving a message with the neighbours.

I looked for their number and hit the dial. The bell was ringing. Finally, someone picked it up.

" Hello? "  I heard a very beautiful voice from another end of the line.

It must be Maurvi,  My neighbour. She was very sweet and pretty. I had always liked her for her very sweet nature. I used to flirt with her a lot but she never took me seriously. I don't know why but my charm never worked on her.

Was she immune to me ?? Was she interested in someone else??

" Hi, beautiful!!!  How are you? "  I said.

" I am sorry, may I know, who is this ?" She asked politely.

" What ?? You forgot me ??? I mean out of sight, out of mind? I did not expect that from you. I am so hurt. " I teased her.

" Oh please, I am really busy... either you tell your name or talk to someone else to pass your free time." She said.

" Cool down, beautiful... Ok, fine, but I am really upset with you. Siddharth this side. Remember me now?? Your next-door neighbour. " I said.

" Oh, Hi !! I am so sorry. Hi, how are you? You haven't come home for so long. When are you coming? "  She said very sweetly.

" Today itself. "

" What? Seriously? Wow !! That is great,  but how come all of a sudden? "  She sounded happy.

" We came on a trip and thought that I must extend my holiday as Holi is just around the corner. I wanted to be at home. "

" Wow !! That's great.. you know my practicals have started, so I can't go and join my family there. I have to be here as I have my final practical the very next day. "

" So that is a piece of good news for me. Maurvi, I was calling at home, but I guess Big bro is not at home and his mobile is switched off. Can you please give him the message that I will be there by 5 in the evening and if it is possible, can he pick me up from the airport? "

" Yes sure, right away... I don't think he has left. "

" Ok, bye beautiful, will see you in the evening. " I said and disconnected the phone after telling her my flight timings.

******

I was waiting at the airport to board the plane. And soon the announcement was made. I went and settled down in my seat. The flight took off.

A certain someone came to my mind again. After that conversation about 5 years back, I was quite interested in knowing more about her.

There were so many girls of my batch and juniors too who wanted me as their boyfriend. They all tried every trick to gain my attention.  but somehow my heart was stuck on that cute fresher since I met her.

My friends also realised that I was interested in her. They encouraged me to go and ask her for going out on a date or coffee with me.

One day we saw her coming and my friends literally pushed me in her direction forcing me to ask her out.