Chapter 1

Yoriichi watched as Kokushibo slowly turn into ashes. He managed to defeat Kokushibo, even in his old state.

"I'm sorry, brother... I wish... that someday... we could be reborn again. Where we fight together instead of fighting each other..." Yoriichi spoke out as he slowly fell to his knees.

Yoriichi felt himself becoming even more weaker by the second. His time is almost up.

Kokushibo stared at Yoriichi's old and weakened state. A look of guilt and sadness was seen in his eyes.

"Forgive me... Yoriichi." Kokushibo muttered, a few tears slipping out from his eyes.

Yoriichi let out a weak smile as he looked at Kokushibo.

"I never blamed you, brother.... Not once...." Yoriichi stated as he let out his final breath.

The last thing Kokushibo saw before he fully disintegrated, was a warm smile on his younger brother's face as he passed away.

---------------------------

"Otou-san....."

"Otou-san, wake up."

Yoriichi's eyes slowly opened. He looked around his surroundings before landing on the figure in front of him.

"Good morning, Otou-san!" you greeted, a warm smile was plastered on your face.

Yoriichi let out a smile as he patted your head. "Good morning (Y/N)." Yoriichi replied.

"Okaa-san is making us breakfast. She told me to wake you up." you said as you watched your father getting up from his futon to freshen up.

"Let's go then." Yoriichi stated as you followed him to the kitchen.

--------------------------

"I'll be back before you know it." Yoriichi exclaimed, axe in hand as he prepared to depart.

"Be careful out there, Yoriichi." Uta, your mother, exclaimed.

"Otou-san! I'm coming with you!" you said as you grabbed a small dagger and went towards Yoriichi.

Yoriichi shook his head with a small smile. "(Y/N), you know it's not safe for you. Hunting is really dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt." Yoriichi said as you gave him a small frown.

"Okay." you muttered sadly.

"How about we go and fly kites when I get back?" Yoriichi suggested as you looked at him.

"Really?" you asked excitedly to which Yoriichi chuckled and nodded at your enthusiasm.

"Yes. But you need to stay here with your mother. Alright?" Yoriichi asked as you nodded your head repeatedly.

"Okay!" you exclaimed with a grin.

You waved goodbye to Yoriichi. You watched his form becoming smaller as he walked through the forest.