Chapter 13~ Losing and Gaining

RECAP:

"Let's play another game other than Dragons and Unicorns," Oliver says.

"What should we play then?" Tiana demands.

"Tiana do you want to dye Amber's hair?" Oliver asks with a smile.

"Yeah!" She responds.

%%%%%%%%%%

"Is this your favorite color?" Tiana asks me.

"Yep! Oliver picked it out for me." I respond nervous that a first grader is permanently dying my hair. Oliver is just sitting over in the corner enjoying my torture.

"Oliver can you please help?" I ask him as his sister plops some hair dye at the end of my hair tips.

"Maybe if you let me do something," he responds scrolling through his phone wiggling his eyebrow.

"And what is that thing?" I ask him suspiciously. Another plop on my hair that's a little off. I hear a shuffle that moves towards Oliver and I glance at the wide-eyed six year old.

"It's a surprise." Oliver responds. Tiana whispers to Oliver worried and Oliver laughs at me.

I plead, "Do it quick please." Then I get worried with Tiana's expression then I say to call her out, "And is there anything wrong with me, Tiana?" Oliver nudges Tiana to speak but Tiana nudged him back and she says,

"I don't know, Oliver is there?" All I could think of is well played Tiana, well played.

"Nope! Oh look my phone is ringing! I bet go get that I must be important." Oliver says in a fake voice.

A couple minutes I hear the garage door open. Thank Gods his mom is home! I let out a puff of air.

A voice comes from downstairs, "Do I smell chemicals?" Oh no it's not her voice.

"Who's here?" I ask Oliver worried.

Tiana yells leaving the room, "ZANDER!"

"Who's Zander?" I ask Oliver.

"My friend," Oliver responds. I laugh at that idea. Emmy now so called "Zander?"

"And why is he here?" I ask getting up from my chair in the playroom and I follow Oliver outside and down the stairs. I see Tiana hanging on a tall teenage boy with blonde hair with streaks in them, blue eyes and wearing plaid flannel with a black shirt underneath and ripped jeans.

He locks eyes with me and says, "Why is there hair dye all over you?"

I ask tensing up, "Is "all over" on my hair?"

Zander says, "I hate to say it but-"

"Oliver!" I scream as I lunge at him.

"Ahh I didn't do nothing," Oliver says as he dogged me.

"Wait is this your "help" Oliver?" I ask him.

"Yep!" Zander and Oliver say at the same time.

I gulp, "I'm screwed."

%%%%%

"Almost done," Zander says as he twirls around in a rolling chair.

"Zander, can you hand me that blanket," Oliver says trying to construct a fort out of blanket in the playroom.

"Sure," Zander hands Oliver a blue blanket.

"Shhh I'm trying to watch a movie," I explain.

"Yeah shhh!" Tiana mimics me.

"Well I'm trying to build a fort for all of us to watch the Lion King because you keep hogging up the screen." Oliver explains.

"Sorry I can't hear you its to loud." I say as I turn up the volume.

"I'm getting hungry." Zander whines turning himself up-side down on the chair.

I flop my hand in the air wildly and I whine too, "Me too."

"Me three," Tiana says doing the same exact thing as I'm doing.

Oliver gets up from tying the blanket on the chair and says, "Well I'm not cooking so we're going to have to order pizza."

"Okay!" Everyone agrees.

A few minutes later we called the pizza place and order 2 large pizzas; one with pepperoni and one with plain cheese. It's time for me to wash out my hair in the shower this time alone.

I still blush remembering what happened last time that we where in the shower. I like my blue tips, the purple dye was fading fast. I blow dye my hair and put it up in a bun. The pizza came and we are all happy little kids. Tiana begged us to take the pizza upstairs to eat so we did and Oliver finished the fort and we're eating a watching The Lion King in a little fort with a My Little Pony Blanket that is shared between four people and we are all snugged up.

Tiana snuggles in between Zander and Oliver and me are right next to each other.

During the scene where they dance and sing "I Just Can't Wait To Be King", Oliver, Zander and Tiana decided to put on a musical for me and they start standing up and dancing to it.

"If this is where the monarchy is headed, Count me out," Oliver sings.

Tiana comes up from behind him and sings, "Out of service, out of Africa, I wouldn't be hang about!"

Then Oliver and Tiana sings together, "This child is getting wildly out of wing. Oh, I just can't wait to be king!" And then Oliver literally jumps out of the room.

Zander butts in and sings/screams, "Everyone look left, Everyone look right. Everywhere you look in on the spotlight."

Tiana interrupts with, "NOT YET!"

Oliver comes out of nowhere and makes a opening in the middle of both is them and struts like he's in a fashion show and sings, "Let every creature go for broke and sing," he poses, "Let's hear it in herd and on the wing, It's going to be KING SIMBIA'S finest fling."

I stand up in excitement and sing, "OH, I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE KING! OH, I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE KING! OH, I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE KING!!!" The whole room claps for me and I start doing bows like I'm on stage. After that we continue with the movie and us with our usual seating arrangement.

Tiana eventually falls asleep with Zander a little bit before the movie ends. Now it's just me and Oliver awake. Alone. In his house. Oliver turns off the TV after the credits roll and he rolls over him facing me as we lay down. An awkward moments passes between us until I thank him,

"Thanks for the great day."

He responds, "No problem I thought you needed it."

"Well it's the most fun I've had since.." Tears start welling up in my eyes, "since me and-" then I'm crying, no breaking down crying. I knew this was going to happen. I move myself until I'm facing onto my belly with my head in the carpet and I fold my arms beneath my tears face. I can't believe I'm crying in front of Oliver again. I quietly sob in my arms as the tears run off of my slick skin and onto the carpet.

Oliver strokes my back in comfort. At first I flinch but I accept it. Oliver hugs me on my back his heat radiating onto my skin. I sniff quietly trying to calm my tears down. I can't keep on breaking down every time I think of Iris.

Oliver wraps his arms around my waist and I wipe away my tears off of my Superman shirt that I'm still wearing from earlier today.

I get up from my crying position and I hug Oliver in the chest and he hugs me back. It feel so good to hug someone. I hug tighter on Oliver and he does too. I snuggle my head into his chest and breathe in his scent.

Monday is the day.

Iris is no longer my friend I know Iris very well and when she pulled of the act.

This. Means. War. Bitch.

%%%%%%%%%%%

Hai everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next chapter is Amber facing Iris and Meghan. I have exciting plans for that! I also introduced a new character, Zander! Rate, Vote and Comment of course! 😘