Chapter 8

"Master, can you promise me something? It is really important!"

"Oh? Yes, my daughter. What kind of promise do you want to make?"

A promise... A promise that is everlasting and unshatterable, it shall only be completed or left in my dreams for eternity.

Since it's a promise of the future between my master and me, I only hoped that he would fulfill my promise even if he never returned to me.

"If one day I become a human girl, can you and I get married and live together in a utopia where everything is like a dream and we never split apart, no matter~ what."

"What brought up that idea? Hehehe."

I did... There is nobody to tell me that because a promise is a forever sacred ritual. My wishes and desires all belonged to me, and if I hope for it, it may come true.

Between my master and me, there's no one, not even Sylaphie, who is able to interfere with our friendship. I didn't care if he is like a father to me. There's no one else who found me and decided to take care of me to the fullest.

"Stop laughing. It is all me and I am telling the truth! It's... It's... It's because I—"

... I-I-I... It hurt... This memory... When you ignore the other past, it is like a perfect fantasy, but when you couldn't stop remembering the time when your dearest person never returned; The promise is left untouched...

And it will forever be.

◇◇◇◇◇

Beside your soul surrounded by nothing but darkness and an evil entity that you killed once before is hope. My radiant gold soul isn't only illuminating my luck. My hope glowed alongside it, and as long as it kept lighting me up, then the dark side of Kagekome—I presumed him to be—don't scare me!

The alternate Kagekome had black eyes, and his moonlight pupils shrank as if two arrowheads glared straight at my head. Everything about his aura went from his calm auric shadow to an overwhelming grim reaper of dragons.

In addition to his eyes, there was a pair of shadow wings on his back that had a stygian purple spike on the tip. Alongside his wings are void scales on his cheeks, closely identical when I became a complete hybrid. In this form, he's a hybrid or a demi-human dragon.

He continued to move toward me while I remained snared by some sort of fear spell made no other than the shadow element entity... Grrrr! Only my eyes could view his corrupted smile of dragon teeth.

Unexpectedly, as soon as he got close to me, he positioned his hand under my chin and slightly lifted my head. His demonic abyss eyes stared observantly at me.

"When I first met you, I was a bit savage during that time. Now since I am somewhat calm, I can see that a pretty girl like you is an elder dragon."

The entity retracted his hand then walked a circle around me. He observed my anxiousness and body from bottom to top. His hand suddenly reached for my collar and attempted to take it off.

ZZzzttt!!! However, upon contact with my magenta collar, immense holy electrocution disintegrated his fingers into ashes, scorched particles evaporated into the darkness. On the contrary, a smolder appeared from his burnt wound and recreated his fingers like a salamander.

"Tch. That doesn't matter. I have a proposal for you. There are only seven current elder dragons in the world, I'm going to take this opportunity and say this. Become my loyal spouse and have offsprings with me."

He sincerely gazed at me from above. His hands grabbed mine while his wings retracted onto his back.

My face instantly turned red, my heartbeat erratically, and many thoughts of confusion engulfed my mental state.