Pale Walls

01.

  Pale walls

"Hey! Wait, dont go! It's not over yet, you still got time. Don't just leave me here to suffer alone. Wait!"

I opened my eyes in a hurry and as soon as I saw the light, I realised it was just a dream. It's the same bed, pale turquoise walls surrounding me. I can't see whats outside and the window is never opened.
                                              The only plant I've seen in these three months is a tiny unnamed plant kept near my bed. They say it releases oxygen, but who cares about the tiny amount of oxygen that plant releases when I'm just suffocating in this building along with the people who are either one step away from death or are fighting death!
            Yeah this facility where I'm staying right now is called Hospital.

"Who was that in my dreams, I wonder"

"May be any of your ex-girlfriends dude. Hahahahaha"

"Shut up, Kesseki!"

"Dude chill! Just kidding. I'm just trying to lift up your mood a little my friend Tochi. I know you only got few days to live. But you can still laugh!"

"You moron! I just got hit by a car, nobody dies from a car accident!"

"What if there was a truck instead?"

"Then I would've been able to dodge it too. Haha..."

"Yeah that's the reason you're in this boring ass hospital, sitting on the bed with your leg and butt broken!"

"Dude Kesseki! It's just my left leg not my butt."

"But the whole school is speaking about your broken butt! Haha.. Even Miss Kaho was laughing hahah."

"You son of a bitch Kasseki! Im sure you're the one spreading these crazy rumours."

"Haha-haha.. Okay Tochi, its time. I need to go. See ya!"

"I wish I could get outta here soon."

"Tochiii... Try not to diee......"

           The voice soon started fading just like his foot steps. Kasseki and I are in the same standard and he's the class rep. It was just a normal formality visit in behalf of our class. We both knew he isn't gonna come again by his own, not that I care now.

"Geez! I forgot to ask him about the exams."

"You even forgot to take the meds Tochi!"

"I'm not wrong it's Hana again! Ha-haa."

"My name's Sakura! How many revisions do you need to learn a simple sweet name!"
     (Tired of teaching him her name)

"Yeah~yeah, Sakura and Hana are same!"

"No! The clearly aren't! Anyways be happy. You're gonna meet some new guys and may be able to make some friends!"

"No wayyyy! Where are we goin'?"

"You're invited to a birthday party! Get your butt up your bed!"

"Geez! I just got my hopes high for no reason. Who celebrates their birthday in a hospital? I'll pass! It sure will be boring."

"Its my request Tochi!"

                        Her voice was somewhat pressuring so I decided not to refuse.

"Okay help me stand then Hana!"

"It's Sakura you airhead!"

"Sakura is complicated! Youre just Hana for me!"

        She laughed softly taking my left hand to her shoulder for support and made me walk few steps forward which I thought would be easy but those steps were the hardest steps I've ever taken in my entire life.
                                                   She brought crutches. I held them under my arms amd tried walking slowly. I fell eight times or maybe more before getting the hold of it. She opened the door. I stepped out for the first time out of this room in three months, it felt like an eternity had passed.

"It sure had been long. Ain't it Hana!"

"It's Sakura! And you've been here just for three months. There are people who havent stepped out of there room from more than years! You should thank god that youre lucky enough to walk this soon!"

"Aah! Sorry sorry. By the way, whos birthday are we invited to?"

"You'll know shortly!"

___________ ________-_______-___________
                    -

"If you've read this far then I hope you enjoyed it. I hope you forgive me if there are some mistakes! I hope you continue reading it. I would really love to have your review on it 😊"
                                             ~ROWHEAT