liv. mischievous

🎶. Tere Naina

 Tere Naina

Her eyes hadn't stopped following him since the time he has arrived

Her eyes hadn't stopped following him since the time he has arrived. She would frequently steal glances at him, look away to the other side every time their gazes accidentally met, clear her throat and pretend to be busy at work, and then would repeat the same thing.

He had a hint of a smile playing on his lips as he worked. Every time her eyes would automatically drift to him, he would flex his muscles, ruffle his hair, bit his lower lip, and simply basked in the attention she was giving him without even intending to do so.

Right now, he had the bottom of the pen perched between his plump lips as he nibbled on it, the contract from Mr. Smith opened on his computer screen. His eyes were busy reading the clauses and conditions but his focus was somewhere else, her to be precise. Every time she glanced at him, maybe to check what he was doing or to check him out, but he enjoyed it and intentionally acted more nonchalantly sexy, if that's even a thing.

He had doubts before he came here, thinking she would ask him to leave. But now, as he watched her getting restless on her chair, her attention torn between him and her work, he knew he had made the right decision. He couldn't thank his parents enough for it.

Last night, after dinner, his father had knocked on his bedroom door and the two had kind of heart-to-heart talk, or man-to-man, whatever fits. Anyway, so they talked, his father understood him and promised that he'll try to convince his mother.

Ezra, however, was a tough nut to crack. But Avyan is not an actor for no good reason, if his brother knows how to manipulate, he knows how to pull out the reverse card with the help of his amazing acting skills.

To be honest, he had a half mind to leave. But there are few things he needs to do before leaving and therefore, he has to be here, around her, because when every secret finally unfolds, he wants to stand by her side as her support. Something he failed to do before and is determined to not repeat his mistake. And by the end of it, if she still wants him by her side, he would be the happiest man in the world and if not, then he'll leave thinking that's what for the best.