20.

||ivy||

Cole ran into my side and I saw Jake grip something. Oh Jake I wish you didn't. The arrow I was holding onto, left my hand and sailed into jakes neck.

He fell to the ground the same time cole and I did. I groaned and sat up. All the wolves that were once jakes were silent. Then I looked at cole. His eyes were silver. He had a bullet hole in his shoulder. Cole let his head fall and it hit a rock. Blood started pouring out. His side was still bloody and his rib cage was dented in slightly.

"Cole!!!!!" I screamed. I ran towards him. I saw miles running to him to. Miles got there way before I did because of his 'vampness" as he would call it. When I got to him, miles was already lifting Coles white form off of the ground. His head rested on miles shoulder and his tail hung lifelessly in his arms.
"Take him to the hospital" miles nodded and he dashed away with a few other of our wolves. Luke came up to me and I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"I can handle this if you want" I shook my head.

He nodded.

"Wolves of the summer moon pack and wolves who were with Felix!" All of the wolves looked at me.

"Your leaders fell!"

I was surprised to hear cheers erupt from the crowd.

"Why are you cheering?" Luke asked.

One of the wolves walked over to me.
He had light grey hair and a freckled face.

"They were both ruthless leaders that deserved to die" I nodded in agreement.

"Ok then... Wolves of the packs! You may leave if you promise never to return! Because know this! If you do attack us ever again! We WILL kill you" the summer moon pack wolves nodded and dipped their heads as they backed up out of the woods. Some of them muttered thanks.

The rogues on the other hand. Some left but some stayed, fidgeting from foot to foot. I couldn't deal with this right now. All I knew was cole needed help.

I leaned over to luke and asked him to take over. He nodded and I shifted. I ran threw the trees, branches hitting my face as I ran. My eyes started watering. He got shot trying to save me. It was like Jared all over again. I ran on fasted until I reached the hospital. I shifted and walked inside. Miles was sitting in the waiting room. His fangs were stained with blood.

"Hey miles..."

He stood up when he saw me.

"They said he need serious surgery"

I nodded. My heart stopped beating. What if he didn't make it? I couldn't handle it. I know I couldn't.

"Do... Do they know what's wrong?"

Miles looked at the ground. Then nodded.

"He has a concussion" I nodded. That was probably from hitting his head on a rock.

"And he has a pure silver bullet in his shoulder"

I gulped. Jake did that.

"And he has bruises up and down his body"

Again. Jake and Felix probably did that when they took him. My poor mate! Why did they have to take him?!

"And he has a deep cut in his side"

Great. More and more. Miles had to be done by now right?

"And-"

"Oh come on!"

He looked at me. Sympathy on his face. Weird. I didn't know vampires had that.

"Sorry Ivy... Should I continue"
I sighed.

"I suppose so...."

"Ok then... He also lost a lot of blood"

A tear threatened to spill. With the wounds he had he might not make it.

"And he has a broken rib and hand"

I sighed. That had to be all.

"But his broken rib punctured a lung...."

"What?!" I screamed. No... This couldn't be happening. This had to be a dream. A messed up dream. I pinched myself. Wake up. Wake up.

But I didn't.

"When his rib broke, one of the broken parts punctured his lung. "

"Will he be okay?"

Miles hesitated. I knew that was bad.

"I... I don't know"

Then I lost it. Tears started flowing down my face. First one at a time, then In waves. They splattered down onto the tile floor below my feet. One after the other. Tear after tear. Like an over flowed damn that just broke. I felt myself collapse. I would have hit the floor but miles caught me. Me sat me down on a chair. Then sat next to me.

"Look Ivy... I know nothing I can say will help you... But Coles strong"

I nodded. I knew he was. I knew my mate would fight. Because that's what mates do. They fight. They fight to live. They fight for their other half. And I was just praying that cole would fight for me. Like I would for him. Because... I loved him.

Sorry for the short chapter! I've been really busy so I'm only updating once or twice a week now cause I'm really busy.

Maybe a surprise update between days. Please be patient. I love you guys who are. And remember, I love comments. I love knowing what you guys think of my story. Like @marcellem30 does. Thank you guys so much for getting me this far. Love yah all. Remember to

Vote

Comment

Follow