Chapter Seven- Stupid Storms and Spilling Secrets

So when Naruto said he was dead the next day, he wasn't kidding. 

He stiffly got out of his seat and stretched, cracking every bone in his spine. He groaned. It felt like someone was jumping on top of his chest and his heart thudded slowly, tiredly. 

Sasuke was knocked out on the couch, looking quite like the Sleeping Princess. Naruto groaned again and went to the restroom, looking in the mirror. He had expected something like a zombie, and it was worse than he thought. 

His hair stuck up in every direction, his skin was a dead tan, like a surfer dude who had died and come back from the grave. He put the lid down on the toliet seat and sat there, a dazed look on his face. He had managed to put together most of the project. 

A few minutes (or was it seconds?) later Naruto managed to get up and splashed his face with water, blinking in surprise when the ultra-cold water hit his cheeks. He brushed his teeth and sat down on the toliet seat again, this time with more energy. 

Why don't he just stay home today? He'd probably be sent back home. Besides, there's no telling what Sasuke would do. Probably burn the house down while trying to escape from Naruto's terrible grasp on him. Notice the sarcasm. 

Naruto walked back out, leaning against the his hallway. "Hey Sasuke, I'm going to crash now, so it'd be nice if you stayed quiet and not try to leave, alright? Sakura brought back some food, grab what you can. If you can." Sasuke muttered something and turned, snuggling more into the blankets he had draped over him. 

Naruto went to his room, shut the door and gave his computer a nasty glance before crawling into bed. Ahhhhh....

The phone rang once, twice. Naruto squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the ringing to stop. It didn't. Instead, it started to leave a message: "Oi, Naruto! What the heck are you doing??? School's about to start in thirty seconds! You better get your butt here or else-" Naruto ran to his desk and flipped open the phone. "Sakura, tell my teachers that I'm sick. I'm staying home." He couldn't help but breathe heavily, so he covered half the phone and waited.

"uh...why?" Sakura asked, then breathed out raggily. "Don't tell me you stayed up till now...on Coffee?" 

"That, mixed with some Red Bull." He muttered, messaging his temples. "I'm going to kill you if you have a heart attack. Get some sleep, I'll check on you if I can. Oh, it's raining out here again." He growled. He hated rain. Rain brought back memories like--

"Naruto? I've got to go. See ya. Keep an eye on Sasuke-" The call ended. Naruto stared at the phone, then crumpled onto the carpet. "I am so tired..." He complained and crawled his way to the bed, where he did some weird caterpillar climb onto the blankets and fell asleep before he could put any blankets over himself. 

Of course, the sound of thudding rain against the windows somehow crept into his dreams-when he was finally not too tired to have them. 

"Naruto!" Kushina waved and called him. He grinned and ran towards his mother, who had her arms open for him.

His father Minato stood next to her, smiling broadly. He fell into their embrace. "Mom! Dad! You never died! I was so scared but I know that's not true now! I love you guys-" Kushina and Minato looked at him strangely. "Died? We never did, son. Who told you? Dad has to go to a meeting tomorrow and I have a new design for you! Aren't you glad?" They smiled with broad grins and Naruto frowned, slightly confused.